May 21, 2012, 10:49 PM EDT
While this clip doesn’t quite match Peter Laviolette standing on the bench screaming at the Pittsburgh Penguins, it will probably be the most talked-about moment of Game 4 between the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils. Anyone who thought that talk of increasing hatred was just hot air was silenced tonight as John Tortorella went out of his way to yell at rival head coach Peter DeBoer after the two teams engaged in a wild scrum:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Go ahead, say it: that was rather comical. If nothing else, Tortorella and DeBoer are embracing the hate in this rivalry.
In case you’re interested, here is the penalty summary from that exchange:
Ryan Carter: 10-minute game misconduct
(Note: Carter and Bickell also really, really don’t like each other.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5