May 21, 2012, 7:18 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings aren’t satisfied with merely rampaging their way through the 2012 playoffs. They want to leave us guffawing all the way through it.
Their Twitter account is the thing of consistent snarky genius. They made a prank from “The Office” come true. Yet some fans might be a little lost in all the comic chaos, so the Kings’ Web site provides a rather hilarious (albeit maybe a bit “actually needed”), meta-tastic infographic that you can check out here.
It’s too large to post here, but let’s go over some of the bigger laughs.
- The Kings rattle off their long list of team logos, but they also remind people that they never employed the NBA Sacramento Kings’ image. Also: “Zero: Years Kings have either played in Sacramento, thought about playing in Sacramento or invested in a feasibility report on a potential move to Sacramento.” (Sounds like a solid quip toward both the Kings and the Golden State Warriors, really.)
- Drew Doughty‘s career goals: 43; Brad Doty’s: 0. (Full discretion: I had to Google Brad Doty. I’m not a racing guru, but apparently a local anchor mixed the two up.)
- Question: “Do celebrities come to Kings games too?” Answer: “Only the Canadian ones” (with a photo of Justin Bieber).
The Kings aren’t required to have some much fun with their playoff run, yet in a bloated sports city with approximately five bajillion other entertainment options, it doesn’t hurt. Even if it gets them “in trouble” from time to time.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)