May 21, 2012, 7:18 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings aren’t satisfied with merely rampaging their way through the 2012 playoffs. They want to leave us guffawing all the way through it.
Their Twitter account is the thing of consistent snarky genius. They made a prank from “The Office” come true. Yet some fans might be a little lost in all the comic chaos, so the Kings’ Web site provides a rather hilarious (albeit maybe a bit “actually needed”), meta-tastic infographic that you can check out here.
It’s too large to post here, but let’s go over some of the bigger laughs.
- The Kings rattle off their long list of team logos, but they also remind people that they never employed the NBA Sacramento Kings’ image. Also: “Zero: Years Kings have either played in Sacramento, thought about playing in Sacramento or invested in a feasibility report on a potential move to Sacramento.” (Sounds like a solid quip toward both the Kings and the Golden State Warriors, really.)
- Drew Doughty‘s career goals: 43; Brad Doty’s: 0. (Full discretion: I had to Google Brad Doty. I’m not a racing guru, but apparently a local anchor mixed the two up.)
- Question: “Do celebrities come to Kings games too?” Answer: “Only the Canadian ones” (with a photo of Justin Bieber).
The Kings aren’t required to have some much fun with their playoff run, yet in a bloated sports city with approximately five bajillion other entertainment options, it doesn’t hurt. Even if it gets them “in trouble” from time to time.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 3
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 16
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 78
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 35
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (78)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)