May 21, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Rainn Wilson, the actor that plays Dwight Schrute on The Office (one of the many fine, quality sitcoms produced by NBC) was thinking about going to the Kings-Coyotes game on Sunday.
But Wilson had never been to a hockey game and wanted to learn more before getting tickets, so he reached out to the LA Kings Twitter account:
The Kings Twitter account was quick to reply:
For those of you that don’t watch The Office (and if you’re not, you really should, along with the rest of NBC’s outstanding Thursday night lineup), this is a reference to Dwight’s workplace nemesis Jim Halpert, known for encasing Dwight’s stuff in Jello:
On Sunday, the whole Twitter back-and-forth came to fruition as L.A.’s President of Business Operations, Luc Robitaille, was on hand at Staples to present Wilson with his tickets — on a plate of what appears to be lime Jello:
As for Wilson’s observations on Game 4:
– Staples Center sells sushi during games and plays a lot of Coldplay.
– The Kings uniforms look like “they were designed by Rob Zombie, the Oakland Raiders & Prince.”
– Mike Smith “is really good. We should drug him with a poison dart. Or puck.”
– He met noted Canadian/celebrity hockey fan Matthew Perry.
– By game’s end, he “really, really” hated the Coyotes.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15