May 21, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Rainn Wilson, the actor that plays Dwight Schrute on The Office (one of the many fine, quality sitcoms produced by NBC) was thinking about going to the Kings-Coyotes game on Sunday.
But Wilson had never been to a hockey game and wanted to learn more before getting tickets, so he reached out to the LA Kings Twitter account:
The Kings Twitter account was quick to reply:
For those of you that don’t watch The Office (and if you’re not, you really should, along with the rest of NBC’s outstanding Thursday night lineup), this is a reference to Dwight’s workplace nemesis Jim Halpert, known for encasing Dwight’s stuff in Jello:
On Sunday, the whole Twitter back-and-forth came to fruition as L.A.’s President of Business Operations, Luc Robitaille, was on hand at Staples to present Wilson with his tickets — on a plate of what appears to be lime Jello:
As for Wilson’s observations on Game 4:
— Staples Center sells sushi during games and plays a lot of Coldplay.
— The Kings uniforms look like “they were designed by Rob Zombie, the Oakland Raiders & Prince.”
— Mike Smith “is really good. We should drug him with a poison dart. Or puck.”
— He met noted Canadian/celebrity hockey fan Matthew Perry.
— By game’s end, he “really, really” hated the Coyotes.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 3
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)