May 21, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Rainn Wilson, the actor that plays Dwight Schrute on The Office (one of the many fine, quality sitcoms produced by NBC) was thinking about going to the Kings-Coyotes game on Sunday.
But Wilson had never been to a hockey game and wanted to learn more before getting tickets, so he reached out to the LA Kings Twitter account:
The Kings Twitter account was quick to reply:
For those of you that don’t watch The Office (and if you’re not, you really should, along with the rest of NBC’s outstanding Thursday night lineup), this is a reference to Dwight’s workplace nemesis Jim Halpert, known for encasing Dwight’s stuff in Jello:
On Sunday, the whole Twitter back-and-forth came to fruition as L.A.’s President of Business Operations, Luc Robitaille, was on hand at Staples to present Wilson with his tickets — on a plate of what appears to be lime Jello:
As for Wilson’s observations on Game 4:
– Staples Center sells sushi during games and plays a lot of Coldplay.
– The Kings uniforms look like “they were designed by Rob Zombie, the Oakland Raiders & Prince.”
– Mike Smith “is really good. We should drug him with a poison dart. Or puck.”
– He met noted Canadian/celebrity hockey fan Matthew Perry.
– By game’s end, he “really, really” hated the Coyotes.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 0
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 12
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 58
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 33
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 56
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7