May 21, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Rainn Wilson, the actor that plays Dwight Schrute on The Office (one of the many fine, quality sitcoms produced by NBC) was thinking about going to the Kings-Coyotes game on Sunday.
But Wilson had never been to a hockey game and wanted to learn more before getting tickets, so he reached out to the LA Kings Twitter account:
The Kings Twitter account was quick to reply:
For those of you that don’t watch The Office (and if you’re not, you really should, along with the rest of NBC’s outstanding Thursday night lineup), this is a reference to Dwight’s workplace nemesis Jim Halpert, known for encasing Dwight’s stuff in Jello:
On Sunday, the whole Twitter back-and-forth came to fruition as L.A.’s President of Business Operations, Luc Robitaille, was on hand at Staples to present Wilson with his tickets — on a plate of what appears to be lime Jello:
As for Wilson’s observations on Game 4:
— Staples Center sells sushi during games and plays a lot of Coldplay.
— The Kings uniforms look like “they were designed by Rob Zombie, the Oakland Raiders & Prince.”
— Mike Smith “is really good. We should drug him with a poison dart. Or puck.”
— He met noted Canadian/celebrity hockey fan Matthew Perry.
— By game’s end, he “really, really” hated the Coyotes.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 2
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50