Dwight Schrute wanted Kings tickets, so L.A. sent him some…in Jello

May 21, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT

Rainn Wilson, the actor that plays Dwight Schrute on The Office (one of the many fine, quality sitcoms produced by NBC) was thinking about going to the Kings-Coyotes game on Sunday.

But Wilson had never been to a hockey game and wanted to learn more before getting tickets, so he reached out to the LA Kings Twitter account:

source:

The Kings Twitter account was quick to reply:

source:

For those of you that don’t watch The Office (and if you’re not, you really should, along with the rest of NBC’s outstanding Thursday night lineup), this is a reference to Dwight’s workplace nemesis Jim Halpert, known for encasing Dwight’s stuff in Jello:

On Sunday, the whole Twitter back-and-forth came to fruition as L.A.’s President of Business Operations, Luc Robitaille, was on hand at Staples to present Wilson with his tickets — on a plate of what appears to be lime Jello:

source:

As for Wilson’s observations on Game 4:

– Staples Center sells sushi during games and plays a lot of Coldplay.

– The Kings uniforms look like “they were designed by Rob Zombie, the Oakland Raiders & Prince.”

Mike Smith “is really good. We should drug him with a poison dart. Or puck.”

– He met noted Canadian/celebrity hockey fan Matthew Perry.

– By game’s end, he “really, really” hated the Coyotes.

1. jimw81 - May 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Show them a hockey fight and they will get hooked.

2. ndnut - May 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM

How had he not met an actor on NB C’s greatest sitcom ever (for the incompetent, I’m referring to FRIENDS) beings how they seem like they would be great friends and they both worked there.

3. gaborik104life - May 21, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Have to say la’s pr is awesome. Anytime there is something about them I end up cracking up. As for Dwight going to the game he should only be concerned with three things Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica. LA also seems to have his motto of “I am ready to face any challanges that might be foolish enough to face me” in the playoffs.

4. caps247 - May 21, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Haha, that’s why I love bandwagoners.

5. deathmonkey41 - May 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Coldplay? Really? Are they trying to turn the fans into a bunch of p#ssies?

6. blomfeld - May 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM

The “celebrity” thing is cute and not unwelcome … nonetheless, we “true” King’s fans are neither fazed nor impressed by the attention which these people are bringing to our team … tomorrow friends, we face the enemy again … and it’s imperative this time that we take the attack to him with such force that he “quivers with fear” … not just from the onset, but throughout the entire engagement !

GO KINGS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. johnnyd1956 - May 21, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Can that Kings bandwagon get any more crowded. I hope all the NY and NJ transplants out there show the folks in lala land what a real hockey fan is

• blomfeld - May 21, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I can only hope and pray that it’s “you” people which destiny has us Kings meet to battle with for the Stanley Cup, up there on the high ground … and if it does come to be, which looks more and more likely to be the case with each and every passing day, then please know friend that your team will be “engaged” and that your team will be “destroyed” ! … ours is a cause driven not so much by skill and technique, as it is by conviction and providence ! GO KINGS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. dannythebisforbeast - May 22, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Hey blomfeld I know you think your cute and clever with your rants but to compare hockey to battle and war just makes you an a$$hole. It’s a game,a great game but just a game.

• namriverrat69 - May 22, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Mr/Ms/Mrs. dannythebisforbeast, I totally agree with you that hockey is a game and just a game. It is a form of entertainment. No matter what sport it is, it is all just entertainment. It can become very expensive. Cheering for your team is good outlet for getting rid of any angst you may have building up.

You don’t have to agree with someone else’s comments,but when you start name calling and attacking the writer for expressing his views in his own way, it shows you to be narrow minded and intolerant of others. If I didn’t know better I’d say Mr/Ms/Mrs dannythebisforbeast is a democrat. How dasterdly you assert yourself into the conversaion of the trajedy at hand as Blomfeld made you read his comment and listen to Elvis sing a song. Blomfeld wrote a comment you could not tolerate. Poor Blomfeld. He will be scarred for life and most likely 86’d forever by the intolerant attitude of those who prefer opposing opinions not be allowed in print anywhere.

Too bad for you Blomfeld. Perhaps you should find a way for Mr/Ms/Mrs.dannythebisforbeast
      to prescreen any future posting for his/her permission and acceptance so you don’t offend him/her again.

Then again, I just remembered that there is nothing in the United States Constitution that says a United States citizen has the right not to be offended by something someone else says. In either regard, good luck as a self appointed censor czar on all your future postings.

LONG LIVE THE KINGS!!!!!!!

• dannythebisforbeast - May 22, 2012 at 4:13 PM

When you compare sports to war you insult every veteran who has ever been in combat.
        Thats my opinion and blomfeld seems like an a-hole for many more reasons than one single post. Glad there is at least one other Kings fan out there. Where do you even come up with me being a democrat. Actually reading it again you are blomfeld

• blomfeld - May 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Admiralty Orders to HMS Blomfeld …

“Intercept enemy vessel “Dannythebisforbeast” and thence sink, burn, or take her a prize”

Friend, I assume you mean well and therefore I’ll take your remarks “tongue in cheek” … just as I usually offer my own remarks here at PHT. For me, this forum isn’t so much about “grinding axes”, as it is an opportunity to interact and have some fun with others. It’s so ironic in a way, as the more this society of ours declares itself to be ever more “connected”, the more we’re actually becoming “disconnected” … I can guarantee you that were we to be all sitting around a table here having a beer, then smiles would be on all of our faces within seconds ! :) At any rate, I’ll put on my serious hat here for a second and tell you that “war is the ugliest expression of human behavior” … just like violence in general, it must forever only be used only as a last resort, when all other options are none … and for those who have answered the call in the defense of others ? … well let it be said that no greater respect and honor could ever be merited !

PS: we’re in OT here man, so please chill out with this touching by the King …

• blomfeld - May 23, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Namriverrat69 – thanks for your support friend … :)

9. footballer4ever - May 25, 2012 at 10:34 AM

“Show them a hockey fight and they will get hooked.”- Huh!? I’d go to a MMA or boxing event if i want to see a fight. (Smile)

Top 10 NHL Player Searches