May 21, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT
From the “I’m not sure this helps your public relations crisis” file…
Nugent, the man behind hit singles like “Cat Scratch Fever” and “Yank Me, Crank Me”, is noted for his conservative political views and his defense of hunting and gun ownership rights. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the National Rifle Association and has a show on the Outdoor Channel called “Spirit of the Wild.”
He’s also — oh, how to put this — a somewhat controversial fellow. You can check his Wikipedia page for the details.
Regardless, this didn’t keep Booth from running with the show of support as he re-tweeted Nugent’s note to his 42, 541 followers.
In a totally unrelated story, Jason Botchford of The Province wonders if the Canucks would trade Booth:
Would a poor judgment call which led to him posting a kill video from a hunting expedition, where he bear baited, be enough to push the image conscious Canucks to trade him less than a year after they acquired him?
Not likely. Even though they were irked in a “what the hell was this guy thinking” sort of way.
But, let’s be real, posting a video of some legal hunting, however disturbing, is not how Booth inflicted his most damage on the Canucks. No, he took care of that in the first round of the playoffs.
Booth had just one point in the five-game loss to Los Angeles, finishing minus-1 with just seven shots on goal.
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 3
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 15
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 31
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)