May 21, 2012, 1:10 PM EST
From the “I’m not sure this helps your public relations crisis” file…
Nugent, the man behind hit singles like “Cat Scratch Fever” and “Yank Me, Crank Me”, is noted for his conservative political views and his defense of hunting and gun ownership rights. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the National Rifle Association and has a show on the Outdoor Channel called “Spirit of the Wild.”
He’s also — oh, how to put this — a somewhat controversial fellow. You can check his Wikipedia page for the details.
Regardless, this didn’t keep Booth from running with the show of support as he re-tweeted Nugent’s note to his 42, 541 followers.
In a totally unrelated story, Jason Botchford of The Province wonders if the Canucks would trade Booth:
Would a poor judgment call which led to him posting a kill video from a hunting expedition, where he bear baited, be enough to push the image conscious Canucks to trade him less than a year after they acquired him?
Not likely. Even though they were irked in a “what the hell was this guy thinking” sort of way.
But, let’s be real, posting a video of some legal hunting, however disturbing, is not how Booth inflicted his most damage on the Canucks. No, he took care of that in the first round of the playoffs.
Booth had just one point in the five-game loss to Los Angeles, finishing minus-1 with just seven shots on goal.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 25
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 2
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)