May 21, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT
From the “I’m not sure this helps your public relations crisis” file…
Nugent, the man behind hit singles like “Cat Scratch Fever” and “Yank Me, Crank Me”, is noted for his conservative political views and his defense of hunting and gun ownership rights. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the National Rifle Association and has a show on the Outdoor Channel called “Spirit of the Wild.”
He’s also — oh, how to put this — a somewhat controversial fellow. You can check his Wikipedia page for the details.
Regardless, this didn’t keep Booth from running with the show of support as he re-tweeted Nugent’s note to his 42, 541 followers.
In a totally unrelated story, Jason Botchford of The Province wonders if the Canucks would trade Booth:
Would a poor judgment call which led to him posting a kill video from a hunting expedition, where he bear baited, be enough to push the image conscious Canucks to trade him less than a year after they acquired him?
Not likely. Even though they were irked in a “what the hell was this guy thinking” sort of way.
But, let’s be real, posting a video of some legal hunting, however disturbing, is not how Booth inflicted his most damage on the Canucks. No, he took care of that in the first round of the playoffs.
Booth had just one point in the five-game loss to Los Angeles, finishing minus-1 with just seven shots on goal.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 10
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)