May 21, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT
From the “I’m not sure this helps your public relations crisis” file…
Nugent, the man behind hit singles like “Cat Scratch Fever” and “Yank Me, Crank Me”, is noted for his conservative political views and his defense of hunting and gun ownership rights. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the National Rifle Association and has a show on the Outdoor Channel called “Spirit of the Wild.”
He’s also — oh, how to put this — a somewhat controversial fellow. You can check his Wikipedia page for the details.
Regardless, this didn’t keep Booth from running with the show of support as he re-tweeted Nugent’s note to his 42, 541 followers.
In a totally unrelated story, Jason Botchford of The Province wonders if the Canucks would trade Booth:
Would a poor judgment call which led to him posting a kill video from a hunting expedition, where he bear baited, be enough to push the image conscious Canucks to trade him less than a year after they acquired him?
Not likely. Even though they were irked in a “what the hell was this guy thinking” sort of way.
But, let’s be real, posting a video of some legal hunting, however disturbing, is not how Booth inflicted his most damage on the Canucks. No, he took care of that in the first round of the playoffs.
Booth had just one point in the five-game loss to Los Angeles, finishing minus-1 with just seven shots on goal.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)