May 21, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT
From the “I’m not sure this helps your public relations crisis” file…
Nugent, the man behind hit singles like “Cat Scratch Fever” and “Yank Me, Crank Me”, is noted for his conservative political views and his defense of hunting and gun ownership rights. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the National Rifle Association and has a show on the Outdoor Channel called “Spirit of the Wild.”
He’s also — oh, how to put this — a somewhat controversial fellow. You can check his Wikipedia page for the details.
Regardless, this didn’t keep Booth from running with the show of support as he re-tweeted Nugent’s note to his 42, 541 followers.
In a totally unrelated story, Jason Botchford of The Province wonders if the Canucks would trade Booth:
Would a poor judgment call which led to him posting a kill video from a hunting expedition, where he bear baited, be enough to push the image conscious Canucks to trade him less than a year after they acquired him?
Not likely. Even though they were irked in a “what the hell was this guy thinking” sort of way.
But, let’s be real, posting a video of some legal hunting, however disturbing, is not how Booth inflicted his most damage on the Canucks. No, he took care of that in the first round of the playoffs.
Booth had just one point in the five-game loss to Los Angeles, finishing minus-1 with just seven shots on goal.
- Kopitar + adorable dog = best day with the Stanley Cup? 0
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 31
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 72
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (72)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)