May 20, 2012, 7:06 PM EST
If nothing else, Kings coach Darryl Sutter can just cut to the quick. No, not Jonathan Quick, but right to the heart of the matter instead.
After seeing his team shut down and shut out by the Coyotes in Game 4 by a 2-0 score, Sutter wasn’t about to give into questions about shifts in momentum and things of that ilk when speaking to reporters after the game.
“You got to win four games, right? They’re a home-ice team. They finished ahead of us for a good reason, right? There’s not much difference in the team,” Sutter said.
“I said to you guys who aren’t used to covering hockey, watching playoffs a lot, the most important part of the playoffs are goaltending, special teams, how your top players play. So just do it, right?”
Sounds simple enough. The Kings have had the goaltending and the top players for most of the playoffs, but the special teams has been a half-and-half thing with the penalty kill getting it done while the power play continues to fail. With the Kings being 8-0 on the road in the postseason, expect to see them bounce back strong in Game 5 on Tuesday night.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 12
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 104
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (104)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)