May 20, 2012, 7:06 PM EST
If nothing else, Kings coach Darryl Sutter can just cut to the quick. No, not Jonathan Quick, but right to the heart of the matter instead.
After seeing his team shut down and shut out by the Coyotes in Game 4 by a 2-0 score, Sutter wasn’t about to give into questions about shifts in momentum and things of that ilk when speaking to reporters after the game.
“You got to win four games, right? They’re a home-ice team. They finished ahead of us for a good reason, right? There’s not much difference in the team,” Sutter said.
“I said to you guys who aren’t used to covering hockey, watching playoffs a lot, the most important part of the playoffs are goaltending, special teams, how your top players play. So just do it, right?”
Sounds simple enough. The Kings have had the goaltending and the top players for most of the playoffs, but the special teams has been a half-and-half thing with the penalty kill getting it done while the power play continues to fail. With the Kings being 8-0 on the road in the postseason, expect to see them bounce back strong in Game 5 on Tuesday night.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)