May 20, 2012, 8:52 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings dropped Game 4, but given that they still have a 3-1 series lead, they have no reason to panic.
“It’s a good lesson for us,” Dustin Penner said of the loss. “We had got the bounces, for the most part, until tonight. They threw themselves in front of a lot of shots. Their PK was really good and they got a power-play goal. So, they definitely earned this one, and we couldn’t find an answer for Smith.”
Penner thinks the Kings need to put more pressure on Smith in the future.
“You talk about screen, tip, rebound, and we didn’t get enough of that tonight,” Penner said. “We let him see too many pucks, and we didn’t get enough second chances.”
Anze Kopitar thinks the Kings need to simplify things when they have the man advantage and get more bodies in front of the Coyotes’ net to make Smith’s job harder. At the same time, Kopitar also isn’t going to blow this loss out of proportion.
“We’re still in a good position,” Kopitar said. “We have to hit the reset button, refocus and make sure we have a lot of energy for Tuesday.”
After all, there are plenty of teams that have won Game 4 when facing elimination. The vast majority of those teams weren’t able to come back and win their series.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 0
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 52
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)