May 20, 2012, 4:35 PM EDT
When Zach Parise decided to not talk with the media after the Devils’ 3-0 Game 3 loss, it was seen to be a curious move by the team captain. A day later, Parise made sure to own up to what he did and offer an explanation.
Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger gives us Parise’s take on why he opted to shut things down rather than say something he’d have to take back.
“I probably would have said some things I’d regretted. So… I was just upset about how the game went,” Parise explained today.
“I was just upset with the way the game went,” Parise said. “That was it. I feel like I’ve done a pretty good job of making myself available for almost 100 games this year. I figured if I took one night off it would be okay.”
Taking a day off is almost always fine, it’s just that those days off don’t usually happen in the middle of the Eastern Conference finals. As for the thought he might’ve been unwilling to talk thanks to the mini-controversy drummed up thanks to his father’s comments on his future, it looks like there was absolutely nothing to that.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12