May 20, 2012, 4:35 PM EDT
When Zach Parise decided to not talk with the media after the Devils’ 3-0 Game 3 loss, it was seen to be a curious move by the team captain. A day later, Parise made sure to own up to what he did and offer an explanation.
Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger gives us Parise’s take on why he opted to shut things down rather than say something he’d have to take back.
“I probably would have said some things I’d regretted. So… I was just upset about how the game went,” Parise explained today.
“I was just upset with the way the game went,” Parise said. “That was it. I feel like I’ve done a pretty good job of making myself available for almost 100 games this year. I figured if I took one night off it would be okay.”
Taking a day off is almost always fine, it’s just that those days off don’t usually happen in the middle of the Eastern Conference finals. As for the thought he might’ve been unwilling to talk thanks to the mini-controversy drummed up thanks to his father’s comments on his future, it looks like there was absolutely nothing to that.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63