May 20, 2012, 4:35 PM EDT
When Zach Parise decided to not talk with the media after the Devils’ 3-0 Game 3 loss, it was seen to be a curious move by the team captain. A day later, Parise made sure to own up to what he did and offer an explanation.
Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger gives us Parise’s take on why he opted to shut things down rather than say something he’d have to take back.
“I probably would have said some things I’d regretted. So… I was just upset about how the game went,” Parise explained today.
“I was just upset with the way the game went,” Parise said. “That was it. I feel like I’ve done a pretty good job of making myself available for almost 100 games this year. I figured if I took one night off it would be okay.”
Taking a day off is almost always fine, it’s just that those days off don’t usually happen in the middle of the Eastern Conference finals. As for the thought he might’ve been unwilling to talk thanks to the mini-controversy drummed up thanks to his father’s comments on his future, it looks like there was absolutely nothing to that.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36