May 20, 2012, 4:35 PM EDT
When Zach Parise decided to not talk with the media after the Devils’ 3-0 Game 3 loss, it was seen to be a curious move by the team captain. A day later, Parise made sure to own up to what he did and offer an explanation.
Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger gives us Parise’s take on why he opted to shut things down rather than say something he’d have to take back.
“I probably would have said some things I’d regretted. So… I was just upset about how the game went,” Parise explained today.
“I was just upset with the way the game went,” Parise said. “That was it. I feel like I’ve done a pretty good job of making myself available for almost 100 games this year. I figured if I took one night off it would be okay.”
Taking a day off is almost always fine, it’s just that those days off don’t usually happen in the middle of the Eastern Conference finals. As for the thought he might’ve been unwilling to talk thanks to the mini-controversy drummed up thanks to his father’s comments on his future, it looks like there was absolutely nothing to that.
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 3
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 24
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 20
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 14
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)