May 20, 2012, 4:35 PM EDT
When Zach Parise decided to not talk with the media after the Devils’ 3-0 Game 3 loss, it was seen to be a curious move by the team captain. A day later, Parise made sure to own up to what he did and offer an explanation.
Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger gives us Parise’s take on why he opted to shut things down rather than say something he’d have to take back.
“I probably would have said some things I’d regretted. So… I was just upset about how the game went,” Parise explained today.
“I was just upset with the way the game went,” Parise said. “That was it. I feel like I’ve done a pretty good job of making myself available for almost 100 games this year. I figured if I took one night off it would be okay.”
Taking a day off is almost always fine, it’s just that those days off don’t usually happen in the middle of the Eastern Conference finals. As for the thought he might’ve been unwilling to talk thanks to the mini-controversy drummed up thanks to his father’s comments on his future, it looks like there was absolutely nothing to that.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)