May 20, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
Now that Nashville Predators forward Mike Fisher doesn’t have the playoffs to go worrying about, he’s got his mind on other things. Things like married life with country music superstar Carrie Underwood.
The celebrity couple are set to be interviewed by Oprah Winfrey and when it comes to marriage that eventually means kids and as Today Entertainment shares, Fisher is gunning for a really big family.
In a joint interview on “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” Underwood, 29, says that while Fisher, 31, grew up with “three siblings, I think two is a good number to have,” the country crooner tells host Oprah Winfrey, 58. “We’ll see. We’ll cross that bridge. I don’t want too many.”
Fisher insists he’d be happy with “two or three” kids, but Underwood joked that usually, “He’s like, ‘I want seven!'”
Seven kids, sure, why not? That’s enough to make up a whole line of hockey players plus a goalie and a substitute. That’s totally what Fisher is thinking about there, right? Here’s to hoping Carrie is all right with naming all of them Shea or Barry. I’m guessing Alexander and Andrei won’t be too popular for boys names when the time comes.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)