May 20, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
Now that Nashville Predators forward Mike Fisher doesn’t have the playoffs to go worrying about, he’s got his mind on other things. Things like married life with country music superstar Carrie Underwood.
The celebrity couple are set to be interviewed by Oprah Winfrey and when it comes to marriage that eventually means kids and as Today Entertainment shares, Fisher is gunning for a really big family.
In a joint interview on “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” Underwood, 29, says that while Fisher, 31, grew up with “three siblings, I think two is a good number to have,” the country crooner tells host Oprah Winfrey, 58. “We’ll see. We’ll cross that bridge. I don’t want too many.”
Fisher insists he’d be happy with “two or three” kids, but Underwood joked that usually, “He’s like, ‘I want seven!'”
Seven kids, sure, why not? That’s enough to make up a whole line of hockey players plus a goalie and a substitute. That’s totally what Fisher is thinking about there, right? Here’s to hoping Carrie is all right with naming all of them Shea or Barry. I’m guessing Alexander and Andrei won’t be too popular for boys names when the time comes.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)