May 20, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
Now that Nashville Predators forward Mike Fisher doesn’t have the playoffs to go worrying about, he’s got his mind on other things. Things like married life with country music superstar Carrie Underwood.
The celebrity couple are set to be interviewed by Oprah Winfrey and when it comes to marriage that eventually means kids and as Today Entertainment shares, Fisher is gunning for a really big family.
In a joint interview on “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” Underwood, 29, says that while Fisher, 31, grew up with “three siblings, I think two is a good number to have,” the country crooner tells host Oprah Winfrey, 58. “We’ll see. We’ll cross that bridge. I don’t want too many.”
Fisher insists he’d be happy with “two or three” kids, but Underwood joked that usually, “He’s like, ‘I want seven!'”
Seven kids, sure, why not? That’s enough to make up a whole line of hockey players plus a goalie and a substitute. That’s totally what Fisher is thinking about there, right? Here’s to hoping Carrie is all right with naming all of them Shea or Barry. I’m guessing Alexander and Andrei won’t be too popular for boys names when the time comes.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5