May 20, 2012, 11:47 AM EST
Now that Nashville Predators forward Mike Fisher doesn’t have the playoffs to go worrying about, he’s got his mind on other things. Things like married life with country music superstar Carrie Underwood.
The celebrity couple are set to be interviewed by Oprah Winfrey and when it comes to marriage that eventually means kids and as Today Entertainment shares, Fisher is gunning for a really big family.
In a joint interview on “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” Underwood, 29, says that while Fisher, 31, grew up with “three siblings, I think two is a good number to have,” the country crooner tells host Oprah Winfrey, 58. “We’ll see. We’ll cross that bridge. I don’t want too many.”
Fisher insists he’d be happy with “two or three” kids, but Underwood joked that usually, “He’s like, ‘I want seven!'”
Seven kids, sure, why not? That’s enough to make up a whole line of hockey players plus a goalie and a substitute. That’s totally what Fisher is thinking about there, right? Here’s to hoping Carrie is all right with naming all of them Shea or Barry. I’m guessing Alexander and Andrei won’t be too popular for boys names when the time comes.
- BREAKING: Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM 9
- Mike Richards clears waivers 22
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)