May 20, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Nashville forward Martin Erat was injured during World Championships in Finland and Sweden yesterday, that much we know. How badly he’s hurt, however, appears to be a matter of opinion.
Erat went down after taking a blindside hit from Slovakia’s Libor Hudacek during their semifinal match-up. Erat was taken off the ice with an apparent head injury and did not return to the game. As Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean shares, however, whether or not Erat has a concussion is up for debate.
Czech Republic General Manager Slava Lener said Erat suffered a concussion. This appears to not be the case. According to Erat’s agent Mike Deutsch, the Predators’ leading scorer from 2011-12 did not suffer a concussion. Deutsch said Erat is ‘fine’ and that he suffered a bit of a ‘stiff neck.’
One way or another, Erat isn’t feeling too good and his status for next season in Nashville shouldn’t be in doubt. Then again, concussions sometimes take time to make themselves apparent and that “stiff neck” could very well be a head injury.
Check out video of the hit here.
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 54
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 44
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 55
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal