May 20, 2012, 10:15 PM EST
Shane Doan is the captain of the Phoenix Coyotes, one of their best known players, and on Sunday, he was the hero in Phoenix’s 2-0 victory over Los Angeles. In other words he’s the perfect target for Kings’ fans who want to express their displeasure at the opposing team. So go ahead and boo Doan. He’s all for it.
“As a player, I think it’s great,” said Doan on the subject of fans booing him when he’s on the road. “You like it. Every player enjoys it. I mean, we boo their team when they touch the puck. So it’s one of those things you enjoy. I think it makes you feel like you’re at least kind of doing your job.”
Over the course of his career, Doan has generated nearly as many points on the road as he has in front of a friendly crowd. The Staples Center audience certainly didn’t seem to slow him down on Sunday.
The series will head back to Arizona for Game 5. If Phoenix manages to once again avoid elimination, then Game 6 will be in Los Angeles, where Doan will probably get booed again – whether he likes it or not.
- Thomas forced into Stars debut after Wild’s Haula bloodies Lehtonen 0
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 5
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 9
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)