May 20, 2012, 10:15 PM EDT
Shane Doan is the captain of the Phoenix Coyotes, one of their best known players, and on Sunday, he was the hero in Phoenix’s 2-0 victory over Los Angeles. In other words he’s the perfect target for Kings’ fans who want to express their displeasure at the opposing team. So go ahead and boo Doan. He’s all for it.
“As a player, I think it’s great,” said Doan on the subject of fans booing him when he’s on the road. “You like it. Every player enjoys it. I mean, we boo their team when they touch the puck. So it’s one of those things you enjoy. I think it makes you feel like you’re at least kind of doing your job.”
Over the course of his career, Doan has generated nearly as many points on the road as he has in front of a friendly crowd. The Staples Center audience certainly didn’t seem to slow him down on Sunday.
The series will head back to Arizona for Game 5. If Phoenix manages to once again avoid elimination, then Game 6 will be in Los Angeles, where Doan will probably get booed again – whether he likes it or not.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 36
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)