May 19, 2012, 5:59 PM EST
Trying to say less than John Tortorella after a loss takes a lot of work. For Devils captain Zach Parise, that’s the exact kind of work he put in today.
After the Devils dropped Game 3 to New York 3-0, Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Parise declined to talk with the press following the game. When Devils coach Peter DeBoer was asked about Parise’s silence, he said he didn’t know anything about it but if Parise wasn’t talking “he’s got good reason to.” Is Parise frustrated dealing with the Rangers on the ice? DeBoer said he didn’t think that was the case.
Parise already wasn’t answering questions regarding his father, J.P. Parise, said Zach would “fit right in” playing for the Rangers next season. While the elder Parise later clarified his comments, it’s clear that it’s a subject that the captain would rather not be asked about.
Wrong time for a big distraction or just a one-game cooling off period to let things blow over after a loss? We’ll see soon enough.
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 0
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)