May 19, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
Trying to say less than John Tortorella after a loss takes a lot of work. For Devils captain Zach Parise, that’s the exact kind of work he put in today.
After the Devils dropped Game 3 to New York 3-0, Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Parise declined to talk with the press following the game. When Devils coach Peter DeBoer was asked about Parise’s silence, he said he didn’t know anything about it but if Parise wasn’t talking “he’s got good reason to.” Is Parise frustrated dealing with the Rangers on the ice? DeBoer said he didn’t think that was the case.
Parise already wasn’t answering questions regarding his father, J.P. Parise, said Zach would “fit right in” playing for the Rangers next season. While the elder Parise later clarified his comments, it’s clear that it’s a subject that the captain would rather not be asked about.
Wrong time for a big distraction or just a one-game cooling off period to let things blow over after a loss? We’ll see soon enough.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 0
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 21
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 8
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)