May 19, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
Trying to say less than John Tortorella after a loss takes a lot of work. For Devils captain Zach Parise, that’s the exact kind of work he put in today.
After the Devils dropped Game 3 to New York 3-0, Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Parise declined to talk with the press following the game. When Devils coach Peter DeBoer was asked about Parise’s silence, he said he didn’t know anything about it but if Parise wasn’t talking “he’s got good reason to.” Is Parise frustrated dealing with the Rangers on the ice? DeBoer said he didn’t think that was the case.
Parise already wasn’t answering questions regarding his father, J.P. Parise, said Zach would “fit right in” playing for the Rangers next season. While the elder Parise later clarified his comments, it’s clear that it’s a subject that the captain would rather not be asked about.
Wrong time for a big distraction or just a one-game cooling off period to let things blow over after a loss? We’ll see soon enough.
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24