May 19, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
Trying to say less than John Tortorella after a loss takes a lot of work. For Devils captain Zach Parise, that’s the exact kind of work he put in today.
After the Devils dropped Game 3 to New York 3-0, Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Parise declined to talk with the press following the game. When Devils coach Peter DeBoer was asked about Parise’s silence, he said he didn’t know anything about it but if Parise wasn’t talking “he’s got good reason to.” Is Parise frustrated dealing with the Rangers on the ice? DeBoer said he didn’t think that was the case.
Parise already wasn’t answering questions regarding his father, J.P. Parise, said Zach would “fit right in” playing for the Rangers next season. While the elder Parise later clarified his comments, it’s clear that it’s a subject that the captain would rather not be asked about.
Wrong time for a big distraction or just a one-game cooling off period to let things blow over after a loss? We’ll see soon enough.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)