May 19, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
Trying to say less than John Tortorella after a loss takes a lot of work. For Devils captain Zach Parise, that’s the exact kind of work he put in today.
After the Devils dropped Game 3 to New York 3-0, Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Parise declined to talk with the press following the game. When Devils coach Peter DeBoer was asked about Parise’s silence, he said he didn’t know anything about it but if Parise wasn’t talking “he’s got good reason to.” Is Parise frustrated dealing with the Rangers on the ice? DeBoer said he didn’t think that was the case.
Parise already wasn’t answering questions regarding his father, J.P. Parise, said Zach would “fit right in” playing for the Rangers next season. While the elder Parise later clarified his comments, it’s clear that it’s a subject that the captain would rather not be asked about.
Wrong time for a big distraction or just a one-game cooling off period to let things blow over after a loss? We’ll see soon enough.
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 0
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 40
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 12
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)