May 19, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
Through 42 minutes of action, the Rangers were unable to beat New Jersey goalie Martin Brodeur.
In the 43rd minute, Dan Girardi took care of that.
The Rangers defenseman — now second on the team in scoring with 11 points — took Brad Richards‘ faceoff win and snapped the game-winning goal past Brodeur. New York would go on to win 3-0, taking a 2-1 series lead in the Eastern Conference finals.
Here’s Girardi’s marker:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The goal started off what would be a rough period for Devils defenseman Bryce Salvador. He was in the box for Girardi’s tally after taking a hooking penalty on Marian Gaborik and two minutes later, Salvador was on the ice for Chris Kreider‘s insurance goal.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 16
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 62
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)