May 19, 2012, 3:38 PM EST
All hail King Henrik.
With the win, the Rangers gave themselves a 2-1 series lead and wrestled back home-ice advantage.
Some talking points for the comments section:
– How good has Lundqvist been in Game 3s this postseason? In Round 1, he posted a 39-save shutout against Ottawa. In Round 2, he stopped 45 of 46 shots in a triple OT win over Washington.
– Chris Kreider‘s magical spring continues. He scored his fifth goal of the postseason (and third of this series) to move within one of Brad Richards for the team lead. Not bad for a 20-year-old a month removed from collegiate hockey, huh?
– Speaking of unlikely scoring leaders, Dan Girardi moved ahead of Marian Gaborik for second on the Rangers in points with his game-winning tally early in the third period. Girardi now has 3G-8A-11PTS in 17GP, pretty impressive production from a guy that had 29 points in 82 regular season games.
– Tough afternoon for New Jersey defenseman Bryce Salvador. He took the hooking penalty that led to Girardi’s game-winner, then was on the ice for Kreider’s insurance tally.
– Uncharacteristically quiet game from Zach Parise. No points, minus-2 rating, one hit and just three shots on goal. He’s now minus-5 over the entire series.
– Rangers captain Ryan Callahan snapped his six-game goalless drought with an empty netter late in the third.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
Roberto Luongo: quiet, so far.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:27 PM EST
Tyler Seguin is just on fire right now.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:09 PM EST
Dallas scored once on the resulting five-minute major penalty.
Mar 8, 2014, 10:59 PM EST
Seeding battles heat up.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Jaroslav Halak wins in his Washington debut.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
He scored the game-winner for New Jersey against Carolina.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
A solid Saturday for the Sens.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:24 PM EST
His No. 9 ascends to the rafters.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:11 PM EST
His latest acquisitions Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick are set to debut Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 7:39 PM EST
Sounds like he’ll take his talents to Europe instead.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:37 PM EST
He was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis earlier this month.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
Craig Anderson made 46 saves on Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
Making a strong first impression in St. Louis.
Mar 8, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
Petr Mrazek will backup Jimmy Howard.
Mar 8, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
The Leafs have called up Frazer McLaren.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
She had a 0.96 GAA and .954 save percentage in the Olympics.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EST
He suffered the injury last Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
He might not be ready for the start of the playoffs either, should Columbus get that far.
Mar 8, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
Guess who holds that record?
Mar 8, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
The Capitals drafted him in 2010, but he’s been playing in the KHL.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 0
- Thomas forced into Stars debut after Wild’s Haula bloodies Lehtonen 4
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 9
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)