May 19, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
All hail King Henrik.
With the win, the Rangers gave themselves a 2-1 series lead and wrestled back home-ice advantage.
Some talking points for the comments section:
— How good has Lundqvist been in Game 3s this postseason? In Round 1, he posted a 39-save shutout against Ottawa. In Round 2, he stopped 45 of 46 shots in a triple OT win over Washington.
— Chris Kreider‘s magical spring continues. He scored his fifth goal of the postseason (and third of this series) to move within one of Brad Richards for the team lead. Not bad for a 20-year-old a month removed from collegiate hockey, huh?
— Speaking of unlikely scoring leaders, Dan Girardi moved ahead of Marian Gaborik for second on the Rangers in points with his game-winning tally early in the third period. Girardi now has 3G-8A-11PTS in 17GP, pretty impressive production from a guy that had 29 points in 82 regular season games.
— Tough afternoon for New Jersey defenseman Bryce Salvador. He took the hooking penalty that led to Girardi’s game-winner, then was on the ice for Kreider’s insurance tally.
— Uncharacteristically quiet game from Zach Parise. No points, minus-2 rating, one hit and just three shots on goal. He’s now minus-5 over the entire series.
— Rangers captain Ryan Callahan snapped his six-game goalless drought with an empty netter late in the third.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 15
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 57
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 25
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (57)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)