May 19, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
All hail King Henrik.
With the win, the Rangers gave themselves a 2-1 series lead and wrestled back home-ice advantage.
Some talking points for the comments section:
— How good has Lundqvist been in Game 3s this postseason? In Round 1, he posted a 39-save shutout against Ottawa. In Round 2, he stopped 45 of 46 shots in a triple OT win over Washington.
— Chris Kreider‘s magical spring continues. He scored his fifth goal of the postseason (and third of this series) to move within one of Brad Richards for the team lead. Not bad for a 20-year-old a month removed from collegiate hockey, huh?
— Speaking of unlikely scoring leaders, Dan Girardi moved ahead of Marian Gaborik for second on the Rangers in points with his game-winning tally early in the third period. Girardi now has 3G-8A-11PTS in 17GP, pretty impressive production from a guy that had 29 points in 82 regular season games.
— Tough afternoon for New Jersey defenseman Bryce Salvador. He took the hooking penalty that led to Girardi’s game-winner, then was on the ice for Kreider’s insurance tally.
— Uncharacteristically quiet game from Zach Parise. No points, minus-2 rating, one hit and just three shots on goal. He’s now minus-5 over the entire series.
— Rangers captain Ryan Callahan snapped his six-game goalless drought with an empty netter late in the third.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 15
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)