May 19, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
Devils coach Peter DeBoer isn’t about to go mixing up a good thing.
DeBoer tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice he’ll be going with the same lineup he used in New Jersey’s Game 2 win over the Rangers. Most notably that means the Devils won’t have rookie Adam Larsson along the blue line opting to keep going with veteran Peter Harrold.
The Devils were able to get the right lineup tweaks in Game 2 to put the Rangers back on their heels for good chunks of the game and come away with a 3-2 victory to even up the series. New Jersey will hope being on home ice on top of keeping the same lineup can keep the good mojo going for them.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)