May 19, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
The Coyotes have had a host of problems in the Western Conference finals. They haven’t been competing at the same level they were at in previous rounds, they’re getting beat up by the Kings, and they’re not scoring goals or getting off many shots.
The latter fact is something that irks Coyotes coach Dave Tippett and he wants to see his team do more to make Jonathan Quick‘s life in goal miserable. Tippett tells Eric Duhatschek of The Globe And Mail now is the time to get things done.
“Until we continue to test him for an extended period of time,” said Tippett, “he hasn’t had it very tough down there.
“They’ve done a good job of protecting him, but I don’t think we’ve created enough around him.
“That’s the thing I’m most critical of our group about – finding opportunities.”
The Coyotes have been outshot terribly in this series by a count of 115-70. Getting just over 20 shots a game against a goalie that’s been lights out won’t win you many games nor goals. Being down 3-0 in the series means losing any battles means the season is over. If the Coyotes want to pull off a stunning comeback, rattling Quick might be the only shot they have.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)