May 19, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
The Coyotes have had a host of problems in the Western Conference finals. They haven’t been competing at the same level they were at in previous rounds, they’re getting beat up by the Kings, and they’re not scoring goals or getting off many shots.
The latter fact is something that irks Coyotes coach Dave Tippett and he wants to see his team do more to make Jonathan Quick‘s life in goal miserable. Tippett tells Eric Duhatschek of The Globe And Mail now is the time to get things done.
“Until we continue to test him for an extended period of time,” said Tippett, “he hasn’t had it very tough down there.
“They’ve done a good job of protecting him, but I don’t think we’ve created enough around him.
“That’s the thing I’m most critical of our group about – finding opportunities.”
The Coyotes have been outshot terribly in this series by a count of 115-70. Getting just over 20 shots a game against a goalie that’s been lights out won’t win you many games nor goals. Being down 3-0 in the series means losing any battles means the season is over. If the Coyotes want to pull off a stunning comeback, rattling Quick might be the only shot they have.
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 58
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 56
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 164
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (164)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)