May 19, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
While watching highlights of the New York Rangers winning 3-0 against the Devils in New Jersey, it’s hard not to notice all the fans jumping to their feet in Rangers sweaters. That’s the nature of a local playoff series, though, and it’s something that Martin Brodeur didn’t deny to Peter Botte.
“A lot of Rangers fans all over,” Brodeur said. “They are the ones with the money, I guess. They are sitting right behind us.”
That money comment might be countered by this photo that Rangers blogger Scotty Hockey shared on Twitter.
Botte reports that Brodeur believes Devils fans carried the noise levels for the first two periods of the game, so New Jersey just needs to give its fans “more to cheer for.” Avoiding a 3-1 series deficit would be a great start, for one.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 26
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)