May 19, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
While watching highlights of the New York Rangers winning 3-0 against the Devils in New Jersey, it’s hard not to notice all the fans jumping to their feet in Rangers sweaters. That’s the nature of a local playoff series, though, and it’s something that Martin Brodeur didn’t deny to Peter Botte.
“A lot of Rangers fans all over,” Brodeur said. “They are the ones with the money, I guess. They are sitting right behind us.”
That money comment might be countered by this photo that Rangers blogger Scotty Hockey shared on Twitter.
Botte reports that Brodeur believes Devils fans carried the noise levels for the first two periods of the game, so New Jersey just needs to give its fans “more to cheer for.” Avoiding a 3-1 series deficit would be a great start, for one.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40