May 19, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
While watching highlights of the New York Rangers winning 3-0 against the Devils in New Jersey, it’s hard not to notice all the fans jumping to their feet in Rangers sweaters. That’s the nature of a local playoff series, though, and it’s something that Martin Brodeur didn’t deny to Peter Botte.
“A lot of Rangers fans all over,” Brodeur said. “They are the ones with the money, I guess. They are sitting right behind us.”
That money comment might be countered by this photo that Rangers blogger Scotty Hockey shared on Twitter.
Botte reports that Brodeur believes Devils fans carried the noise levels for the first two periods of the game, so New Jersey just needs to give its fans “more to cheer for.” Avoiding a 3-1 series deficit would be a great start, for one.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 41
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)