May 19, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
While watching highlights of the New York Rangers winning 3-0 against the Devils in New Jersey, it’s hard not to notice all the fans jumping to their feet in Rangers sweaters. That’s the nature of a local playoff series, though, and it’s something that Martin Brodeur didn’t deny to Peter Botte.
“A lot of Rangers fans all over,” Brodeur said. “They are the ones with the money, I guess. They are sitting right behind us.”
That money comment might be countered by this photo that Rangers blogger Scotty Hockey shared on Twitter.
Botte reports that Brodeur believes Devils fans carried the noise levels for the first two periods of the game, so New Jersey just needs to give its fans “more to cheer for.” Avoiding a 3-1 series deficit would be a great start, for one.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)