May 19, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
While watching highlights of the New York Rangers winning 3-0 against the Devils in New Jersey, it’s hard not to notice all the fans jumping to their feet in Rangers sweaters. That’s the nature of a local playoff series, though, and it’s something that Martin Brodeur didn’t deny to Peter Botte.
“A lot of Rangers fans all over,” Brodeur said. “They are the ones with the money, I guess. They are sitting right behind us.”
That money comment might be countered by this photo that Rangers blogger Scotty Hockey shared on Twitter.
Botte reports that Brodeur believes Devils fans carried the noise levels for the first two periods of the game, so New Jersey just needs to give its fans “more to cheer for.” Avoiding a 3-1 series deficit would be a great start, for one.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 21
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 24
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 24
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 129
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (129)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (108)