May 19, 2012, 8:12 PM EDT
Nick Kypreos reports that New York Rangers tough guy Brandon Prust will face a Sunday morning hearing with the NHL for his his hit on New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov. Here’s video of the check for your own perusal.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Devils coach Peter DeBoer didn’t beat around the bush when asked about the hit, calling it “headhunting – plain and simple.”
Prust wasn’t penalized for the check (which works against him avoiding discipline) but Volchenkov returned to the contest (which might help Prust sidestep a suspension). That being said, Prust isn’t a star either, so some might suggest that his chances of receiving a punishment increases substantially.
Do you think Prust deserves a suspension?
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 0
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)