May 18, 2012, 12:07 AM EST
Los Angeles Kings center Jarret Stoll has some experience playing the Cinderella role. He was a big part of the 2006 Edmonton Oilers team that came within a win of winning the Stanley Cup, but it sounds like this group is special to him as well.
Stoll told John Hoven about how much fun it must be to start the playoffs 11-1.
“We’re having fun and making a lot of memories right now … which is great because this group of guys really care about each other,” Stoll said.
Some players might not have been so happy about their situations if they were in Stoll’s spot. He essentially went from a second-line center to a checker thanks to Mike Richards‘ arrival, which honestly might fit his skill set more appropriately. Stoll told Dennis Bernstein that he doesn’t care that much about his role.
“Whether I’m playing nine minutes or 19 minutes, it’s rewarding if we win,” Stoll said.
It also must feel great when his line plays as well as it did tonight:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 151
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (152)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)