May 18, 2012, 12:07 AM EST
Los Angeles Kings center Jarret Stoll has some experience playing the Cinderella role. He was a big part of the 2006 Edmonton Oilers team that came within a win of winning the Stanley Cup, but it sounds like this group is special to him as well.
Stoll told John Hoven about how much fun it must be to start the playoffs 11-1.
“We’re having fun and making a lot of memories right now … which is great because this group of guys really care about each other,” Stoll said.
Some players might not have been so happy about their situations if they were in Stoll’s spot. He essentially went from a second-line center to a checker thanks to Mike Richards‘ arrival, which honestly might fit his skill set more appropriately. Stoll told Dennis Bernstein that he doesn’t care that much about his role.
“Whether I’m playing nine minutes or 19 minutes, it’s rewarding if we win,” Stoll said.
It also must feel great when his line plays as well as it did tonight:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)