May 18, 2012, 12:07 AM EST
Los Angeles Kings center Jarret Stoll has some experience playing the Cinderella role. He was a big part of the 2006 Edmonton Oilers team that came within a win of winning the Stanley Cup, but it sounds like this group is special to him as well.
Stoll told John Hoven about how much fun it must be to start the playoffs 11-1.
“We’re having fun and making a lot of memories right now … which is great because this group of guys really care about each other,” Stoll said.
Some players might not have been so happy about their situations if they were in Stoll’s spot. He essentially went from a second-line center to a checker thanks to Mike Richards‘ arrival, which honestly might fit his skill set more appropriately. Stoll told Dennis Bernstein that he doesn’t care that much about his role.
“Whether I’m playing nine minutes or 19 minutes, it’s rewarding if we win,” Stoll said.
It also must feel great when his line plays as well as it did tonight:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)