May 18, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Even though they have every reason to be tired, the Rangers are not a tired hockey club, according to John Tortorella.
That was the word out of Camp Ranger today, anyway.
First up is Callahan, who has struggled since early in the Ottawa series with what many suspect to be a hand injury.
From Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News:
Callahan has one goal and two assists in his last 12 games, so the speculation is that the Rangers captain could be playing through an injury to his left hand from a blocked shot in the Ottawa series [on a Chris Phillips slap shot].
But even if Callahan is injured, he wasn’t letting on Friday after practice in Greenburgh.
“No, nothing,” Callahan told the Daily News when asked if his hand were injured. “Nothing. I’m good.”
Next up is Staal, who was on the receiving end of a big Steve Bernier hit early in the third period of Game 2. Bernier got two minutes for interference while Staal — who missed 36 games this year with a concussion — gutted it out to play nearly 10 minutes in the frame.
Staal was seen shaking his hand after the hit but denied there was any injury.
“I got the wind knocked out of me, but it’s fine now,” he said. “I’m good.”
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 48
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)