May 18, 2012, 5:08 PM EST
Even though they have every reason to be tired, the Rangers are not a tired hockey club, according to John Tortorella.
That was the word out of Camp Ranger today, anyway.
First up is Callahan, who has struggled since early in the Ottawa series with what many suspect to be a hand injury.
From Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News:
Callahan has one goal and two assists in his last 12 games, so the speculation is that the Rangers captain could be playing through an injury to his left hand from a blocked shot in the Ottawa series [on a Chris Phillips slap shot].
But even if Callahan is injured, he wasn’t letting on Friday after practice in Greenburgh.
“No, nothing,” Callahan told the Daily News when asked if his hand were injured. “Nothing. I’m good.”
Next up is Staal, who was on the receiving end of a big Steve Bernier hit early in the third period of Game 2. Bernier got two minutes for interference while Staal — who missed 36 games this year with a concussion — gutted it out to play nearly 10 minutes in the frame.
Staal was seen shaking his hand after the hit but denied there was any injury.
“I got the wind knocked out of me, but it’s fine now,” he said. “I’m good.”
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 32
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)