May 18, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Even though they have every reason to be tired, the Rangers are not a tired hockey club, according to John Tortorella.
That was the word out of Camp Ranger today, anyway.
First up is Callahan, who has struggled since early in the Ottawa series with what many suspect to be a hand injury.
From Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News:
Callahan has one goal and two assists in his last 12 games, so the speculation is that the Rangers captain could be playing through an injury to his left hand from a blocked shot in the Ottawa series [on a Chris Phillips slap shot].
But even if Callahan is injured, he wasn’t letting on Friday after practice in Greenburgh.
“No, nothing,” Callahan told the Daily News when asked if his hand were injured. “Nothing. I’m good.”
Next up is Staal, who was on the receiving end of a big Steve Bernier hit early in the third period of Game 2. Bernier got two minutes for interference while Staal — who missed 36 games this year with a concussion — gutted it out to play nearly 10 minutes in the frame.
Staal was seen shaking his hand after the hit but denied there was any injury.
“I got the wind knocked out of me, but it’s fine now,” he said. “I’m good.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)