May 18, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Even though they have every reason to be tired, the Rangers are not a tired hockey club, according to John Tortorella.
That was the word out of Camp Ranger today, anyway.
First up is Callahan, who has struggled since early in the Ottawa series with what many suspect to be a hand injury.
From Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News:
Callahan has one goal and two assists in his last 12 games, so the speculation is that the Rangers captain could be playing through an injury to his left hand from a blocked shot in the Ottawa series [on a Chris Phillips slap shot].
But even if Callahan is injured, he wasn’t letting on Friday after practice in Greenburgh.
“No, nothing,” Callahan told the Daily News when asked if his hand were injured. “Nothing. I’m good.”
Next up is Staal, who was on the receiving end of a big Steve Bernier hit early in the third period of Game 2. Bernier got two minutes for interference while Staal — who missed 36 games this year with a concussion — gutted it out to play nearly 10 minutes in the frame.
Staal was seen shaking his hand after the hit but denied there was any injury.
“I got the wind knocked out of me, but it’s fine now,” he said. “I’m good.”
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? 26
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 15
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 13
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 34
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 58
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 92
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead