May 18, 2012, 8:11 AM EDT
This is the third time the Los Angeles Kings have taken a 3-0 series lead in their 2012 run, so these guys are pretty familiar with the feeling. According to goaltender Jonathan Quick, it’s nothing special.
“It’s the same feelings as after the first game,” Quick said. “You don’t get anything for three wins. We’re going to go back to work tomorrow and get ready for Game 4.”
The Kings successfully completed their four-game sweep of the St. Louis Blues, but it took them two tries to finish off the Vancouver Canucks. That gives the Kings an incredible 11-1 playoff record, but they want more.
Quick expects the Phoenix Coyotes to come out hard in Game 4 on Sunday (3pm ET, NBC) and if the Kings aren’t careful, Phoenix might be able to sap some of their momentum. Although, based on Quick’s comments, it sounds like Los Angeles cares less about momentum and more about facing each obstacle as it comes.
“I feel the same as the Vancouver series,” Quick said. “We just won a game. That’s all it is. We’re going to move forward and we’re going to get ready for Game 4.”
If they win that game, then we will have an eighth seed in the Stanley Cup Finals.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 6
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 28
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)