May 18, 2012, 8:11 AM EDT
This is the third time the Los Angeles Kings have taken a 3-0 series lead in their 2012 run, so these guys are pretty familiar with the feeling. According to goaltender Jonathan Quick, it’s nothing special.
“It’s the same feelings as after the first game,” Quick said. “You don’t get anything for three wins. We’re going to go back to work tomorrow and get ready for Game 4.”
The Kings successfully completed their four-game sweep of the St. Louis Blues, but it took them two tries to finish off the Vancouver Canucks. That gives the Kings an incredible 11-1 playoff record, but they want more.
Quick expects the Phoenix Coyotes to come out hard in Game 4 on Sunday (3pm ET, NBC) and if the Kings aren’t careful, Phoenix might be able to sap some of their momentum. Although, based on Quick’s comments, it sounds like Los Angeles cares less about momentum and more about facing each obstacle as it comes.
“I feel the same as the Vancouver series,” Quick said. “We just won a game. That’s all it is. We’re going to move forward and we’re going to get ready for Game 4.”
If they win that game, then we will have an eighth seed in the Stanley Cup Finals.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63