May 18, 2012, 8:11 AM EDT
This is the third time the Los Angeles Kings have taken a 3-0 series lead in their 2012 run, so these guys are pretty familiar with the feeling. According to goaltender Jonathan Quick, it’s nothing special.
“It’s the same feelings as after the first game,” Quick said. “You don’t get anything for three wins. We’re going to go back to work tomorrow and get ready for Game 4.”
The Kings successfully completed their four-game sweep of the St. Louis Blues, but it took them two tries to finish off the Vancouver Canucks. That gives the Kings an incredible 11-1 playoff record, but they want more.
Quick expects the Phoenix Coyotes to come out hard in Game 4 on Sunday (3pm ET, NBC) and if the Kings aren’t careful, Phoenix might be able to sap some of their momentum. Although, based on Quick’s comments, it sounds like Los Angeles cares less about momentum and more about facing each obstacle as it comes.
“I feel the same as the Vancouver series,” Quick said. “We just won a game. That’s all it is. We’re going to move forward and we’re going to get ready for Game 4.”
If they win that game, then we will have an eighth seed in the Stanley Cup Finals.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)