May 18, 2012, 8:11 AM EST
This is the third time the Los Angeles Kings have taken a 3-0 series lead in their 2012 run, so these guys are pretty familiar with the feeling. According to goaltender Jonathan Quick, it’s nothing special.
“It’s the same feelings as after the first game,” Quick said. “You don’t get anything for three wins. We’re going to go back to work tomorrow and get ready for Game 4.”
The Kings successfully completed their four-game sweep of the St. Louis Blues, but it took them two tries to finish off the Vancouver Canucks. That gives the Kings an incredible 11-1 playoff record, but they want more.
Quick expects the Phoenix Coyotes to come out hard in Game 4 on Sunday (3pm ET, NBC) and if the Kings aren’t careful, Phoenix might be able to sap some of their momentum. Although, based on Quick’s comments, it sounds like Los Angeles cares less about momentum and more about facing each obstacle as it comes.
“I feel the same as the Vancouver series,” Quick said. “We just won a game. That’s all it is. We’re going to move forward and we’re going to get ready for Game 4.”
If they win that game, then we will have an eighth seed in the Stanley Cup Finals.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 10
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 34
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2