May 18, 2012, 8:11 AM EDT
This is the third time the Los Angeles Kings have taken a 3-0 series lead in their 2012 run, so these guys are pretty familiar with the feeling. According to goaltender Jonathan Quick, it’s nothing special.
“It’s the same feelings as after the first game,” Quick said. “You don’t get anything for three wins. We’re going to go back to work tomorrow and get ready for Game 4.”
The Kings successfully completed their four-game sweep of the St. Louis Blues, but it took them two tries to finish off the Vancouver Canucks. That gives the Kings an incredible 11-1 playoff record, but they want more.
Quick expects the Phoenix Coyotes to come out hard in Game 4 on Sunday (3pm ET, NBC) and if the Kings aren’t careful, Phoenix might be able to sap some of their momentum. Although, based on Quick’s comments, it sounds like Los Angeles cares less about momentum and more about facing each obstacle as it comes.
“I feel the same as the Vancouver series,” Quick said. “We just won a game. That’s all it is. We’re going to move forward and we’re going to get ready for Game 4.”
If they win that game, then we will have an eighth seed in the Stanley Cup Finals.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)