May 18, 2012, 11:13 AM EST
The New York Mets are in Toronto this weekend for a three-game series with the Blue Jays, and to fit in with the locals they’re wearing NHL jerseys.
Actually, it’s part of a themed trip. If they really wanted to fit in with the locals, they’d go sit in traffic for six hours.
Anyway, here’s some video of the Mets getting off the bus. Jason Bay’s wearing a Whalers jersey as he grew up a big fan of Ray Ferraro. Both are from the small town of Trail, British Columbia. (Also the birthplace of NHLers Adam Deadmarsh, Dallas Drake, Shawn Horcoff, Barret Jackman and Steve Tambellini.)
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12