May 18, 2012, 11:13 AM EDT
The New York Mets are in Toronto this weekend for a three-game series with the Blue Jays, and to fit in with the locals they’re wearing NHL jerseys.
Actually, it’s part of a themed trip. If they really wanted to fit in with the locals, they’d go sit in traffic for six hours.
Anyway, here’s some video of the Mets getting off the bus. Jason Bay’s wearing a Whalers jersey as he grew up a big fan of Ray Ferraro. Both are from the small town of Trail, British Columbia. (Also the birthplace of NHLers Adam Deadmarsh, Dallas Drake, Shawn Horcoff, Barret Jackman and Steve Tambellini.)
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22