May 18, 2012, 11:13 AM EDT
The New York Mets are in Toronto this weekend for a three-game series with the Blue Jays, and to fit in with the locals they’re wearing NHL jerseys.
Actually, it’s part of a themed trip. If they really wanted to fit in with the locals, they’d go sit in traffic for six hours.
Anyway, here’s some video of the Mets getting off the bus. Jason Bay’s wearing a Whalers jersey as he grew up a big fan of Ray Ferraro. Both are from the small town of Trail, British Columbia. (Also the birthplace of NHLers Adam Deadmarsh, Dallas Drake, Shawn Horcoff, Barret Jackman and Steve Tambellini.)
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 10
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 23
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 12
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 55
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39