May 18, 2012, 11:13 AM EST
The New York Mets are in Toronto this weekend for a three-game series with the Blue Jays, and to fit in with the locals they’re wearing NHL jerseys.
Actually, it’s part of a themed trip. If they really wanted to fit in with the locals, they’d go sit in traffic for six hours.
Anyway, here’s some video of the Mets getting off the bus. Jason Bay’s wearing a Whalers jersey as he grew up a big fan of Ray Ferraro. Both are from the small town of Trail, British Columbia. (Also the birthplace of NHLers Adam Deadmarsh, Dallas Drake, Shawn Horcoff, Barret Jackman and Steve Tambellini.)
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11