May 18, 2012, 12:34 PM EST
The latest, from Elias Sports Bureau:
Jonathan Quick has won his last eight playoff starts and has not allowed more than two goals in any of them (he owns a 1.24 goals-against average and a .950 save percentage).
That matches the longest such streak within one season in NHL playoff history. Detroit’s Terry Sawchuk won all eight of his playoff starts and did not allow more than two goals in any of them back in 1952.
Throw this on top of a pile that already includes:
— Dustin Brown tying the playoff record for shorthanded goals in one game (two, vs. Vancouver.)
— The Kings tying the playoff record for consecutive road wins (nine, with 1982-83 Islanders.)
— The Kings tying the playoff record for consecutive road wins in a single postseason (seven, last done by Chicago in 2010.)
— The Kings tying a playoff record by starting the playoffs 7-0 on the road (last done by Colorado in 1999.)
— The Kings tying the playoff record for best record through 12 games (11-1, last done by Detroit in 1995.)
Some other records on the horizon?
— Consecutive wins in a single playoff year (11). Three teams have accomplished the feat: Chicago in 1992, Pittsburgh in 1992 and Montreal in 1993. The Kings have won eight straight.
— Brown, most shorthanded goals in one postseason (3). Six other players have accomplished the feat: Bill Barber, Wayne Gretzky, Derek Sanderson, Wayne Presley, Todd Marchant and Lorne Henning.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11