May 18, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
The latest, from Elias Sports Bureau:
Jonathan Quick has won his last eight playoff starts and has not allowed more than two goals in any of them (he owns a 1.24 goals-against average and a .950 save percentage).
That matches the longest such streak within one season in NHL playoff history. Detroit’s Terry Sawchuk won all eight of his playoff starts and did not allow more than two goals in any of them back in 1952.
Throw this on top of a pile that already includes:
– Dustin Brown tying the playoff record for shorthanded goals in one game (two, vs. Vancouver.)
– The Kings tying the playoff record for consecutive road wins (nine, with 1982-83 Islanders.)
– The Kings tying the playoff record for consecutive road wins in a single postseason (seven, last done by Chicago in 2010.)
– The Kings tying a playoff record by starting the playoffs 7-0 on the road (last done by Colorado in 1999.)
– The Kings tying the playoff record for best record through 12 games (11-1, last done by Detroit in 1995.)
Some other records on the horizon?
– Consecutive wins in a single playoff year (11). Three teams have accomplished the feat: Chicago in 1992, Pittsburgh in 1992 and Montreal in 1993. The Kings have won eight straight.
– Brown, most shorthanded goals in one postseason (3). Six other players have accomplished the feat: Bill Barber, Wayne Gretzky, Derek Sanderson, Wayne Presley, Todd Marchant and Lorne Henning.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 24
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 48
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 80
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires