May 18, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
The latest, from Elias Sports Bureau:
Jonathan Quick has won his last eight playoff starts and has not allowed more than two goals in any of them (he owns a 1.24 goals-against average and a .950 save percentage).
That matches the longest such streak within one season in NHL playoff history. Detroit’s Terry Sawchuk won all eight of his playoff starts and did not allow more than two goals in any of them back in 1952.
Throw this on top of a pile that already includes:
— Dustin Brown tying the playoff record for shorthanded goals in one game (two, vs. Vancouver.)
— The Kings tying the playoff record for consecutive road wins (nine, with 1982-83 Islanders.)
— The Kings tying the playoff record for consecutive road wins in a single postseason (seven, last done by Chicago in 2010.)
— The Kings tying a playoff record by starting the playoffs 7-0 on the road (last done by Colorado in 1999.)
— The Kings tying the playoff record for best record through 12 games (11-1, last done by Detroit in 1995.)
Some other records on the horizon?
— Consecutive wins in a single playoff year (11). Three teams have accomplished the feat: Chicago in 1992, Pittsburgh in 1992 and Montreal in 1993. The Kings have won eight straight.
— Brown, most shorthanded goals in one postseason (3). Six other players have accomplished the feat: Bill Barber, Wayne Gretzky, Derek Sanderson, Wayne Presley, Todd Marchant and Lorne Henning.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32