May 18, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
The latest, from Elias Sports Bureau:
Jonathan Quick has won his last eight playoff starts and has not allowed more than two goals in any of them (he owns a 1.24 goals-against average and a .950 save percentage).
That matches the longest such streak within one season in NHL playoff history. Detroit’s Terry Sawchuk won all eight of his playoff starts and did not allow more than two goals in any of them back in 1952.
Throw this on top of a pile that already includes:
– Dustin Brown tying the playoff record for shorthanded goals in one game (two, vs. Vancouver.)
– The Kings tying the playoff record for consecutive road wins (nine, with 1982-83 Islanders.)
– The Kings tying the playoff record for consecutive road wins in a single postseason (seven, last done by Chicago in 2010.)
– The Kings tying a playoff record by starting the playoffs 7-0 on the road (last done by Colorado in 1999.)
– The Kings tying the playoff record for best record through 12 games (11-1, last done by Detroit in 1995.)
Some other records on the horizon?
– Consecutive wins in a single playoff year (11). Three teams have accomplished the feat: Chicago in 1992, Pittsburgh in 1992 and Montreal in 1993. The Kings have won eight straight.
– Brown, most shorthanded goals in one postseason (3). Six other players have accomplished the feat: Bill Barber, Wayne Gretzky, Derek Sanderson, Wayne Presley, Todd Marchant and Lorne Henning.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 15
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)