May 18, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
The latest, from Elias Sports Bureau:
Jonathan Quick has won his last eight playoff starts and has not allowed more than two goals in any of them (he owns a 1.24 goals-against average and a .950 save percentage).
That matches the longest such streak within one season in NHL playoff history. Detroit’s Terry Sawchuk won all eight of his playoff starts and did not allow more than two goals in any of them back in 1952.
Throw this on top of a pile that already includes:
— Dustin Brown tying the playoff record for shorthanded goals in one game (two, vs. Vancouver.)
— The Kings tying the playoff record for consecutive road wins (nine, with 1982-83 Islanders.)
— The Kings tying the playoff record for consecutive road wins in a single postseason (seven, last done by Chicago in 2010.)
— The Kings tying a playoff record by starting the playoffs 7-0 on the road (last done by Colorado in 1999.)
— The Kings tying the playoff record for best record through 12 games (11-1, last done by Detroit in 1995.)
Some other records on the horizon?
— Consecutive wins in a single playoff year (11). Three teams have accomplished the feat: Chicago in 1992, Pittsburgh in 1992 and Montreal in 1993. The Kings have won eight straight.
— Brown, most shorthanded goals in one postseason (3). Six other players have accomplished the feat: Bill Barber, Wayne Gretzky, Derek Sanderson, Wayne Presley, Todd Marchant and Lorne Henning.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 7
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 54
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 17
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8