May 18, 2012, 1:19 PM EDT
According to the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater, Hejduk’s salary will be $2 million.
“Over the years, Milan has been an instrumental part of our organization’s success,” Avs GM Greg Sherman said in a release. “He has represented this franchise with class and will continue to complement the young nucleus of players we have been building this team around.”
“My family and I are very excited to continue my career here in Denver,” said Hejduk. “I believe in this organization and our young players and look forward to helping the team in any way that I can.”
Hejduk, 36, played 81 games in 2011-12, scoring 14 times with 23 assists. The season marked the first time the Avs’ captain had failed to score 20 goals since 1998-99 when he was a rookie.
Hejduk was named team captain on Nov. 14, 2011.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)