May 18, 2012, 1:44 PM EDT
Brandon Dubinsky skated today for the first time since injuring his foot in Game 7 of the Rangers’ first-round series with Ottawa.
The New York Daily News reports the 26-year-old forward was wearing a non-contact jersey and left the ice before the full practice started, suggesting he’s still a ways away from returning to game action.
When asked if there was an update on Dubinsky’s status, coach John Tortorella said, “No, there is no update.” (Weird, thought he’d be more forthcoming.)
Dubinsky had just one assist against the Sens, extending his underwhelming regular season into the playoffs.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50