May 18, 2012, 1:44 PM EDT
Brandon Dubinsky skated today for the first time since injuring his foot in Game 7 of the Rangers’ first-round series with Ottawa.
The New York Daily News reports the 26-year-old forward was wearing a non-contact jersey and left the ice before the full practice started, suggesting he’s still a ways away from returning to game action.
When asked if there was an update on Dubinsky’s status, coach John Tortorella said, “No, there is no update.” (Weird, thought he’d be more forthcoming.)
Dubinsky had just one assist against the Sens, extending his underwhelming regular season into the playoffs.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54