May 18, 2012, 1:44 PM EDT
Brandon Dubinsky skated today for the first time since injuring his foot in Game 7 of the Rangers’ first-round series with Ottawa.
The New York Daily News reports the 26-year-old forward was wearing a non-contact jersey and left the ice before the full practice started, suggesting he’s still a ways away from returning to game action.
When asked if there was an update on Dubinsky’s status, coach John Tortorella said, “No, there is no update.” (Weird, thought he’d be more forthcoming.)
Dubinsky had just one assist against the Sens, extending his underwhelming regular season into the playoffs.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)