May 18, 2012, 1:44 PM EST
Brandon Dubinsky skated today for the first time since injuring his foot in Game 7 of the Rangers’ first-round series with Ottawa.
The New York Daily News reports the 26-year-old forward was wearing a non-contact jersey and left the ice before the full practice started, suggesting he’s still a ways away from returning to game action.
When asked if there was an update on Dubinsky’s status, coach John Tortorella said, “No, there is no update.” (Weird, thought he’d be more forthcoming.)
Dubinsky had just one assist against the Sens, extending his underwhelming regular season into the playoffs.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)