May 18, 2012, 1:44 PM EDT
Brandon Dubinsky skated today for the first time since injuring his foot in Game 7 of the Rangers’ first-round series with Ottawa.
The New York Daily News reports the 26-year-old forward was wearing a non-contact jersey and left the ice before the full practice started, suggesting he’s still a ways away from returning to game action.
When asked if there was an update on Dubinsky’s status, coach John Tortorella said, “No, there is no update.” (Weird, thought he’d be more forthcoming.)
Dubinsky had just one assist against the Sens, extending his underwhelming regular season into the playoffs.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15