May 18, 2012, 2:38 PM EST
Pretty funny piece here from the Wall Street Journal about Patrick Warburton, the actor that played David Puddy on Seinfeld.
Puddy was many things: Mechanic-turned-car salesman (not a grease monkey), Arby’s enthusiast, devout Christian and a face-painting, Brodeur-jersey-wearing, rabid New Jersey Devils fan.
But now, according to the WSJ, Puddy’s allegiance is compromised.
While he was born in New Jersey, Warburton actually grew up in Southern California…
The Devils and Rangers are back at it in the NHL’s Eastern Conference finals, stirring those mid-90s memories. Brodeur, now 40, was the winning goalie in Wednesday night’s 3-2 Devils win in Game 2. Warburton is one of the stars of the CBS sitcom “Rules of Engagement,” and has done voice work for numerous productions including “Family Guy.”
But he still feels a fond connection to Jersey’s hockey franchise. Warburton has noticed that the Los Angeles Kings may be on their way to this season’s Stanley Cup; as a kid, he attended a bunch of Kings games. But rooting against the Devils would be tough, he admitted.
“Yes, it will certainly tear at my allegiances,” Warburton said. He wondered out loud if he could get away with painting his face half Devils red, half Kings black.
“Can you do that?” Warburton asked.
Thankfully, Warburton said there was no way he could ever paint his face like that.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 21
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)