May 18, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
Pretty funny piece here from the Wall Street Journal about Patrick Warburton, the actor that played David Puddy on Seinfeld.
Puddy was many things: Mechanic-turned-car salesman (not a grease monkey), Arby’s enthusiast, devout Christian and a face-painting, Brodeur-jersey-wearing, rabid New Jersey Devils fan.
But now, according to the WSJ, Puddy’s allegiance is compromised.
While he was born in New Jersey, Warburton actually grew up in Southern California…
The Devils and Rangers are back at it in the NHL’s Eastern Conference finals, stirring those mid-90s memories. Brodeur, now 40, was the winning goalie in Wednesday night’s 3-2 Devils win in Game 2. Warburton is one of the stars of the CBS sitcom “Rules of Engagement,” and has done voice work for numerous productions including “Family Guy.”
But he still feels a fond connection to Jersey’s hockey franchise. Warburton has noticed that the Los Angeles Kings may be on their way to this season’s Stanley Cup; as a kid, he attended a bunch of Kings games. But rooting against the Devils would be tough, he admitted.
“Yes, it will certainly tear at my allegiances,” Warburton said. He wondered out loud if he could get away with painting his face half Devils red, half Kings black.
“Can you do that?” Warburton asked.
Thankfully, Warburton said there was no way he could ever paint his face like that.
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 1
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 49
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)