May 18, 2012, 2:38 PM EST
Pretty funny piece here from the Wall Street Journal about Patrick Warburton, the actor that played David Puddy on Seinfeld.
Puddy was many things: Mechanic-turned-car salesman (not a grease monkey), Arby’s enthusiast, devout Christian and a face-painting, Brodeur-jersey-wearing, rabid New Jersey Devils fan.
But now, according to the WSJ, Puddy’s allegiance is compromised.
While he was born in New Jersey, Warburton actually grew up in Southern California…
The Devils and Rangers are back at it in the NHL’s Eastern Conference finals, stirring those mid-90s memories. Brodeur, now 40, was the winning goalie in Wednesday night’s 3-2 Devils win in Game 2. Warburton is one of the stars of the CBS sitcom “Rules of Engagement,” and has done voice work for numerous productions including “Family Guy.”
But he still feels a fond connection to Jersey’s hockey franchise. Warburton has noticed that the Los Angeles Kings may be on their way to this season’s Stanley Cup; as a kid, he attended a bunch of Kings games. But rooting against the Devils would be tough, he admitted.
“Yes, it will certainly tear at my allegiances,” Warburton said. He wondered out loud if he could get away with painting his face half Devils red, half Kings black.
“Can you do that?” Warburton asked.
Thankfully, Warburton said there was no way he could ever paint his face like that.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)