May 18, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
Pretty funny piece here from the Wall Street Journal about Patrick Warburton, the actor that played David Puddy on Seinfeld.
Puddy was many things: Mechanic-turned-car salesman (not a grease monkey), Arby’s enthusiast, devout Christian and a face-painting, Brodeur-jersey-wearing, rabid New Jersey Devils fan.
But now, according to the WSJ, Puddy’s allegiance is compromised.
While he was born in New Jersey, Warburton actually grew up in Southern California…
The Devils and Rangers are back at it in the NHL’s Eastern Conference finals, stirring those mid-90s memories. Brodeur, now 40, was the winning goalie in Wednesday night’s 3-2 Devils win in Game 2. Warburton is one of the stars of the CBS sitcom “Rules of Engagement,” and has done voice work for numerous productions including “Family Guy.”
But he still feels a fond connection to Jersey’s hockey franchise. Warburton has noticed that the Los Angeles Kings may be on their way to this season’s Stanley Cup; as a kid, he attended a bunch of Kings games. But rooting against the Devils would be tough, he admitted.
“Yes, it will certainly tear at my allegiances,” Warburton said. He wondered out loud if he could get away with painting his face half Devils red, half Kings black.
“Can you do that?” Warburton asked.
Thankfully, Warburton said there was no way he could ever paint his face like that.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 0
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)