May 18, 2012, 3:02 PM EDT
His reply? They could be back soon. Very soon.
“My gut is I think they’ll be available at some point in this series,” DeBoer told reporters.
Josefson — New Jersey’s first-round (2oth overall) pick at the 2009 draft — fractured his left wrist on Apr. 3 and has missed the entire postseason. Prior to getting hurt, the 21-year-old center appeared in 41 regular season games (2G-7A-9PTS) while recording a plus-1o rating.
“It was not fun at all,” Josefson said of the wrist fracture. “I felt good and it was almost playoff time and I was really looking forward to playing. Now I have a chance and I’ll do my best to get an opportunity to play.”
Tallider’s been out of action even longer than Josefson. On Jan 19, the veteran defenseman was diagnosed with acute thrombophlebitis (blood clots in his leg) and has spent the last three months skating lightly while trying to regain playing form.
He has yet to speak with reporters about his recovery. In March, he described the process like this:
“I have regular doctor checkups but there is no quick way to heal. It takes me the same amount of time as anyone else to heal. I feel good — no pain — but I can still feel it. It’s kind of like stiffness.
“[Recovery is] not too good. You think you can skate more, but you can’t.”
Evidently, things have improved significantly over the last two months.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 27
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)