May 18, 2012, 3:02 PM EDT
His reply? They could be back soon. Very soon.
“My gut is I think they’ll be available at some point in this series,” DeBoer told reporters.
Josefson — New Jersey’s first-round (2oth overall) pick at the 2009 draft — fractured his left wrist on Apr. 3 and has missed the entire postseason. Prior to getting hurt, the 21-year-old center appeared in 41 regular season games (2G-7A-9PTS) while recording a plus-1o rating.
“It was not fun at all,” Josefson said of the wrist fracture. “I felt good and it was almost playoff time and I was really looking forward to playing. Now I have a chance and I’ll do my best to get an opportunity to play.”
Tallider’s been out of action even longer than Josefson. On Jan 19, the veteran defenseman was diagnosed with acute thrombophlebitis (blood clots in his leg) and has spent the last three months skating lightly while trying to regain playing form.
He has yet to speak with reporters about his recovery. In March, he described the process like this:
“I have regular doctor checkups but there is no quick way to heal. It takes me the same amount of time as anyone else to heal. I feel good — no pain — but I can still feel it. It’s kind of like stiffness.
“[Recovery is] not too good. You think you can skate more, but you can’t.”
Evidently, things have improved significantly over the last two months.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 4
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 23
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)