May 18, 2012, 3:02 PM EDT
His reply? They could be back soon. Very soon.
“My gut is I think they’ll be available at some point in this series,” DeBoer told reporters.
Josefson – New Jersey’s first-round (2oth overall) pick at the 2009 draft — fractured his left wrist on Apr. 3 and has missed the entire postseason. Prior to getting hurt, the 21-year-old center appeared in 41 regular season games (2G-7A-9PTS) while recording a plus-1o rating.
“It was not fun at all,” Josefson said of the wrist fracture. “I felt good and it was almost playoff time and I was really looking forward to playing. Now I have a chance and I’ll do my best to get an opportunity to play.”
Tallider’s been out of action even longer than Josefson. On Jan 19, the veteran defenseman was diagnosed with acute thrombophlebitis (blood clots in his leg) and has spent the last three months skating lightly while trying to regain playing form.
He has yet to speak with reporters about his recovery. In March, he described the process like this:
“I have regular doctor checkups but there is no quick way to heal. It takes me the same amount of time as anyone else to heal. I feel good — no pain — but I can still feel it. It’s kind of like stiffness.
“[Recovery is] not too good. You think you can skate more, but you can’t.”
Evidently, things have improved significantly over the last two months.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)