May 18, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
In his blog for the LA Times, Anaheim Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau confirms what the win-loss column suggests: Los Angeles can’t be beat.
Okay, technically the Kings have lost once this postseason — a 3-1 defeat to Vancouver in the opening round — but other than that, they’ve been unstoppable. Their last loss (other than the Canucks game) occurred on Apr. 7, which was 42 days ago.
Their last regulation loss (again, other than the Canucks game) was on Mar. 26 — 54 days ago.
More, from Boudreau:
It looks to me that Phoenix gave it everything they had in the first two series, but maybe this is as far as they can go. Taking nothing away from them, they have worked as hard as they can, but L.A. is really impressive. The Kings aren’t getting weaker, they are getting stronger.
The Kings were so good in the last five minutes Thursday night, that said it all. They are hungrier than hungry. They never let Phoenix out of their own zone. It was amazing to watch. The Kings are so pumped up. They are getting great effort out of their third line, and they have a lot of guys that aren’t necessarily big names right now, but they will be in five years.
Boudreau makes a good point about the young graduates from AHL Manchester (Jordan Nolan, Dwight King, Trevor Lewis) — a place he’s familiar with. Boudreau coached the Kings’ minor-league affiliate for four seasons, including during the 2004-05 lockout when the team featured a 19-year-old draftee by the name of Dustin Brown.
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 7
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)