May 18, 2012, 4:50 PM EST
In his blog for the LA Times, Anaheim Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau confirms what the win-loss column suggests: Los Angeles can’t be beat.
Okay, technically the Kings have lost once this postseason — a 3-1 defeat to Vancouver in the opening round — but other than that, they’ve been unstoppable. Their last loss (other than the Canucks game) occurred on Apr. 7, which was 42 days ago.
Their last regulation loss (again, other than the Canucks game) was on Mar. 26 — 54 days ago.
More, from Boudreau:
It looks to me that Phoenix gave it everything they had in the first two series, but maybe this is as far as they can go. Taking nothing away from them, they have worked as hard as they can, but L.A. is really impressive. The Kings aren’t getting weaker, they are getting stronger.
The Kings were so good in the last five minutes Thursday night, that said it all. They are hungrier than hungry. They never let Phoenix out of their own zone. It was amazing to watch. The Kings are so pumped up. They are getting great effort out of their third line, and they have a lot of guys that aren’t necessarily big names right now, but they will be in five years.
Boudreau makes a good point about the young graduates from AHL Manchester (Jordan Nolan, Dwight King, Trevor Lewis) — a place he’s familiar with. Boudreau coached the Kings’ minor-league affiliate for four seasons, including during the 2004-05 lockout when the team featured a 19-year-old draftee by the name of Dustin Brown.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 43
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 11
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 15
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 36
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 57
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (43)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)