May 18, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
In his blog for the LA Times, Anaheim Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau confirms what the win-loss column suggests: Los Angeles can’t be beat.
Okay, technically the Kings have lost once this postseason — a 3-1 defeat to Vancouver in the opening round — but other than that, they’ve been unstoppable. Their last loss (other than the Canucks game) occurred on Apr. 7, which was 42 days ago.
Their last regulation loss (again, other than the Canucks game) was on Mar. 26 — 54 days ago.
More, from Boudreau:
It looks to me that Phoenix gave it everything they had in the first two series, but maybe this is as far as they can go. Taking nothing away from them, they have worked as hard as they can, but L.A. is really impressive. The Kings aren’t getting weaker, they are getting stronger.
The Kings were so good in the last five minutes Thursday night, that said it all. They are hungrier than hungry. They never let Phoenix out of their own zone. It was amazing to watch. The Kings are so pumped up. They are getting great effort out of their third line, and they have a lot of guys that aren’t necessarily big names right now, but they will be in five years.
Boudreau makes a good point about the young graduates from AHL Manchester (Jordan Nolan, Dwight King, Trevor Lewis) — a place he’s familiar with. Boudreau coached the Kings’ minor-league affiliate for four seasons, including during the 2004-05 lockout when the team featured a 19-year-old draftee by the name of Dustin Brown.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 13
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 42
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)