May 18, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
In his blog for the LA Times, Anaheim Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau confirms what the win-loss column suggests: Los Angeles can’t be beat.
Okay, technically the Kings have lost once this postseason — a 3-1 defeat to Vancouver in the opening round — but other than that, they’ve been unstoppable. Their last loss (other than the Canucks game) occurred on Apr. 7, which was 42 days ago.
Their last regulation loss (again, other than the Canucks game) was on Mar. 26 — 54 days ago.
More, from Boudreau:
It looks to me that Phoenix gave it everything they had in the first two series, but maybe this is as far as they can go. Taking nothing away from them, they have worked as hard as they can, but L.A. is really impressive. The Kings aren’t getting weaker, they are getting stronger.
The Kings were so good in the last five minutes Thursday night, that said it all. They are hungrier than hungry. They never let Phoenix out of their own zone. It was amazing to watch. The Kings are so pumped up. They are getting great effort out of their third line, and they have a lot of guys that aren’t necessarily big names right now, but they will be in five years.
Boudreau makes a good point about the young graduates from AHL Manchester (Jordan Nolan, Dwight King, Trevor Lewis) — a place he’s familiar with. Boudreau coached the Kings’ minor-league affiliate for four seasons, including during the 2004-05 lockout when the team featured a 19-year-old draftee by the name of Dustin Brown.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 0
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 13
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 56
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22