May 18, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
In his blog for the LA Times, Anaheim Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau confirms what the win-loss column suggests: Los Angeles can’t be beat.
Okay, technically the Kings have lost once this postseason — a 3-1 defeat to Vancouver in the opening round — but other than that, they’ve been unstoppable. Their last loss (other than the Canucks game) occurred on Apr. 7, which was 42 days ago.
Their last regulation loss (again, other than the Canucks game) was on Mar. 26 — 54 days ago.
More, from Boudreau:
It looks to me that Phoenix gave it everything they had in the first two series, but maybe this is as far as they can go. Taking nothing away from them, they have worked as hard as they can, but L.A. is really impressive. The Kings aren’t getting weaker, they are getting stronger.
The Kings were so good in the last five minutes Thursday night, that said it all. They are hungrier than hungry. They never let Phoenix out of their own zone. It was amazing to watch. The Kings are so pumped up. They are getting great effort out of their third line, and they have a lot of guys that aren’t necessarily big names right now, but they will be in five years.
Boudreau makes a good point about the young graduates from AHL Manchester (Jordan Nolan, Dwight King, Trevor Lewis) — a place he’s familiar with. Boudreau coached the Kings’ minor-league affiliate for four seasons, including during the 2004-05 lockout when the team featured a 19-year-old draftee by the name of Dustin Brown.
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 0
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 4
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 17
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 64
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (85)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights