May 18, 2012, 11:52 AM EST
Wednesday we showed you a virtual tour of Edmonton’s proposed downtown arena that, if built, would become the new home of the Oilers.
Yesterday, however, Alberta premier Alison Redford reiterated her government’s position that it wouldn’t be providing the $100 million that’s been requested to cover part of the $450 million project.
“Our perspective on that hasn’t changed, nor will it,” she said. “We’ve been very clear with respect to our position.”
But not to worry, Oilers fans – Redford says the city can always tap its annual Municipal Sustainability Initiative grant.
According to this, Edmonton’s MSI allocation for 2012 is $167 million.
So some potholes don’t get filled. And maybe a bridge falls down. You want the Oilers to stay or not, Edmonton?
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 155
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 121
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (155)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (121)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)