May 17, 2012, 11:31 PM EDT
Time (about five minutes at the moment) will tell if this ends up being the game-winning goal, but the story only changes a bit either way. Los Angeles Kings winger Dwight King scored his fifth tally of the 2012 playoffs to give his team a 2-1 lead in the third period against the Phoenix Coyotes. That’s as many goals as Anze Kopitar, the other Kings forward who found the net so far in Game 3.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
King’s last name will encourage plenty of Kings/King puns (I’m guilty of more than a few), but I’d advise that we nickname him “King Kontos.” That’s a nod to Chris Kontos, another out-of-nowhere Kings forward who had a magical playoffs many moons ago.
Here’s a great montage of how well King’s “third” line played in Game 3.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7