May 17, 2012, 11:31 PM EDT
Time (about five minutes at the moment) will tell if this ends up being the game-winning goal, but the story only changes a bit either way. Los Angeles Kings winger Dwight King scored his fifth tally of the 2012 playoffs to give his team a 2-1 lead in the third period against the Phoenix Coyotes. That’s as many goals as Anze Kopitar, the other Kings forward who found the net so far in Game 3.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
King’s last name will encourage plenty of Kings/King puns (I’m guilty of more than a few), but I’d advise that we nickname him “King Kontos.” That’s a nod to Chris Kontos, another out-of-nowhere Kings forward who had a magical playoffs many moons ago.
Here’s a great montage of how well King’s “third” line played in Game 3.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 73
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 65
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)