May 17, 2012, 11:31 PM EDT
Time (about five minutes at the moment) will tell if this ends up being the game-winning goal, but the story only changes a bit either way. Los Angeles Kings winger Dwight King scored his fifth tally of the 2012 playoffs to give his team a 2-1 lead in the third period against the Phoenix Coyotes. That’s as many goals as Anze Kopitar, the other Kings forward who found the net so far in Game 3.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
King’s last name will encourage plenty of Kings/King puns (I’m guilty of more than a few), but I’d advise that we nickname him “King Kontos.” That’s a nod to Chris Kontos, another out-of-nowhere Kings forward who had a magical playoffs many moons ago.
Here’s a great montage of how well King’s “third” line played in Game 3.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17