May 17, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
At some point, my guess is that Paul Bissonnette will parlay his clever Twitter ways into a (hopefully) equally promising broadcasting career – or at least a killer memoir. He’ll probably squeeze out as much of NHL career as he can in the mean time and Dave Vest reports that he’s likely to suit up for the Phoenix Coyotes in Game 3 tonight.
I hesitate to say that he’ll “play” for the Coyotes, because even when he’s in the lineup, he doesn’t get much ice time. He’ll come in handy if the contest gets dirty like it did when things devolved halfway through Game 2. This will be his third playoff game in 2012.
If nothing else, it might give his Twitter output a bump. His latest update came almost exactly a month ago, when he praised the city of Chicago and its “stunning” women.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 11
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 28
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)