May 17, 2012, 8:35 PM EST
At some point, my guess is that Paul Bissonnette will parlay his clever Twitter ways into a (hopefully) equally promising broadcasting career – or at least a killer memoir. He’ll probably squeeze out as much of NHL career as he can in the mean time and Dave Vest reports that he’s likely to suit up for the Phoenix Coyotes in Game 3 tonight.
I hesitate to say that he’ll “play” for the Coyotes, because even when he’s in the lineup, he doesn’t get much ice time. He’ll come in handy if the contest gets dirty like it did when things devolved halfway through Game 2. This will be his third playoff game in 2012.
If nothing else, it might give his Twitter output a bump. His latest update came almost exactly a month ago, when he praised the city of Chicago and its “stunning” women.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 2
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 2
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)