May 17, 2012, 8:35 PM EST
At some point, my guess is that Paul Bissonnette will parlay his clever Twitter ways into a (hopefully) equally promising broadcasting career – or at least a killer memoir. He’ll probably squeeze out as much of NHL career as he can in the mean time and Dave Vest reports that he’s likely to suit up for the Phoenix Coyotes in Game 3 tonight.
I hesitate to say that he’ll “play” for the Coyotes, because even when he’s in the lineup, he doesn’t get much ice time. He’ll come in handy if the contest gets dirty like it did when things devolved halfway through Game 2. This will be his third playoff game in 2012.
If nothing else, it might give his Twitter output a bump. His latest update came almost exactly a month ago, when he praised the city of Chicago and its “stunning” women.
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 4
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 65
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 134
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (134)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (116)