May 17, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
At some point, my guess is that Paul Bissonnette will parlay his clever Twitter ways into a (hopefully) equally promising broadcasting career – or at least a killer memoir. He’ll probably squeeze out as much of NHL career as he can in the mean time and Dave Vest reports that he’s likely to suit up for the Phoenix Coyotes in Game 3 tonight.
I hesitate to say that he’ll “play” for the Coyotes, because even when he’s in the lineup, he doesn’t get much ice time. He’ll come in handy if the contest gets dirty like it did when things devolved halfway through Game 2. This will be his third playoff game in 2012.
If nothing else, it might give his Twitter output a bump. His latest update came almost exactly a month ago, when he praised the city of Chicago and its “stunning” women.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 102
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (102)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)