May 17, 2012, 9:05 AM EDT
Forward Jarret Stoll insists that the Los Angeles Kings’ run hasn’t been easy, but they have sure made it look that way. Just six wins away from the Stanley Cup, the Kings have only lost one postseason game. They need just one more victory to jump to a 3-0 lead for the third straight series.
“We’ve had some adversity,” Stoll said. “We’ve had some tough games where we hadn’t had our ‘A’ game and we’ve needed our goaltender or our defense to bail us out.”
Stoll thinks the key to the Kings’ overwhelming success is the contributions they’ve been getting from their stars to their role players. That certainly seems to be the case. The Kings, on paper, have been a great team for quite some time, but they didn’t all click until Darryl Sutter took over as head coach.
Phoenix Coyotes’ Radim Vrbata agrees that this isn’t the same team that they faced in the regular season.
“For some reason they were not scoring goals during the season. They had a tough time doing that,” Vrbata said. “Right now it seems like they found their game, they’re just rolling with it.”
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)