May 17, 2012, 9:05 AM EDT
Forward Jarret Stoll insists that the Los Angeles Kings’ run hasn’t been easy, but they have sure made it look that way. Just six wins away from the Stanley Cup, the Kings have only lost one postseason game. They need just one more victory to jump to a 3-0 lead for the third straight series.
“We’ve had some adversity,” Stoll said. “We’ve had some tough games where we hadn’t had our ‘A’ game and we’ve needed our goaltender or our defense to bail us out.”
Stoll thinks the key to the Kings’ overwhelming success is the contributions they’ve been getting from their stars to their role players. That certainly seems to be the case. The Kings, on paper, have been a great team for quite some time, but they didn’t all click until Darryl Sutter took over as head coach.
Phoenix Coyotes’ Radim Vrbata agrees that this isn’t the same team that they faced in the regular season.
“For some reason they were not scoring goals during the season. They had a tough time doing that,” Vrbata said. “Right now it seems like they found their game, they’re just rolling with it.”
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)