May 17, 2012, 9:05 AM EDT
Forward Jarret Stoll insists that the Los Angeles Kings’ run hasn’t been easy, but they have sure made it look that way. Just six wins away from the Stanley Cup, the Kings have only lost one postseason game. They need just one more victory to jump to a 3-0 lead for the third straight series.
“We’ve had some adversity,” Stoll said. “We’ve had some tough games where we hadn’t had our ‘A’ game and we’ve needed our goaltender or our defense to bail us out.”
Stoll thinks the key to the Kings’ overwhelming success is the contributions they’ve been getting from their stars to their role players. That certainly seems to be the case. The Kings, on paper, have been a great team for quite some time, but they didn’t all click until Darryl Sutter took over as head coach.
Phoenix Coyotes’ Radim Vrbata agrees that this isn’t the same team that they faced in the regular season.
“For some reason they were not scoring goals during the season. They had a tough time doing that,” Vrbata said. “Right now it seems like they found their game, they’re just rolling with it.”
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming