May 17, 2012, 9:05 AM EDT
Forward Jarret Stoll insists that the Los Angeles Kings’ run hasn’t been easy, but they have sure made it look that way. Just six wins away from the Stanley Cup, the Kings have only lost one postseason game. They need just one more victory to jump to a 3-0 lead for the third straight series.
“We’ve had some adversity,” Stoll said. “We’ve had some tough games where we hadn’t had our ‘A’ game and we’ve needed our goaltender or our defense to bail us out.”
Stoll thinks the key to the Kings’ overwhelming success is the contributions they’ve been getting from their stars to their role players. That certainly seems to be the case. The Kings, on paper, have been a great team for quite some time, but they didn’t all click until Darryl Sutter took over as head coach.
Phoenix Coyotes’ Radim Vrbata agrees that this isn’t the same team that they faced in the regular season.
“For some reason they were not scoring goals during the season. They had a tough time doing that,” Vrbata said. “Right now it seems like they found their game, they’re just rolling with it.”
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)