May 17, 2012, 11:40 PM EDT
After two beatings in Phoenix, the Los Angeles Kings edged the Coyotes in a way that was more expected. It was a tight, well-played contest but the Kings took a 3-0 lead because they just seem … better. They won by a slim margin of 2-1 tonight but there was a sense that Los Angeles would come out on top for most of the contest – especially when Anze Kopitar erased the Coyotes’ only lead of the series in a little more than two minutes.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Let’s get the questions rolling.
- The Coyotes took a few tough penalties late in the third period. Did the officials drop the ball or this an example of another loss of composure for Phoenix?
- How about Dwight King? Is he the Joel Ward/Sean Bergenheim of the 2012 playoffs? (His last name certainly encourages some great puns.)
- Could a big weekend for the Staples Center represent the end of the road for the Coyotes on Sunday or do you think they’ll find a way to make a series of this?
- Speaking of which, what adjustments should Dave Tippett make to avoid a sweep and possibly take it? If nothing else, the Coyotes are accustomed to surpassing peoples’ expectations.
- Where does Anze Kopitar rank on the list of the league’s most underrated stars?
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)