May 17, 2012, 11:40 PM EDT
After two beatings in Phoenix, the Los Angeles Kings edged the Coyotes in a way that was more expected. It was a tight, well-played contest but the Kings took a 3-0 lead because they just seem … better. They won by a slim margin of 2-1 tonight but there was a sense that Los Angeles would come out on top for most of the contest – especially when Anze Kopitar erased the Coyotes’ only lead of the series in a little more than two minutes.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Let’s get the questions rolling.
- The Coyotes took a few tough penalties late in the third period. Did the officials drop the ball or this an example of another loss of composure for Phoenix?
- How about Dwight King? Is he the Joel Ward/Sean Bergenheim of the 2012 playoffs? (His last name certainly encourages some great puns.)
- Could a big weekend for the Staples Center represent the end of the road for the Coyotes on Sunday or do you think they’ll find a way to make a series of this?
- Speaking of which, what adjustments should Dave Tippett make to avoid a sweep and possibly take it? If nothing else, the Coyotes are accustomed to surpassing peoples’ expectations.
- Where does Anze Kopitar rank on the list of the league’s most underrated stars?
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)