May 17, 2012, 11:40 PM EDT
After two beatings in Phoenix, the Los Angeles Kings edged the Coyotes in a way that was more expected. It was a tight, well-played contest but the Kings took a 3-0 lead because they just seem … better. They won by a slim margin of 2-1 tonight but there was a sense that Los Angeles would come out on top for most of the contest – especially when Anze Kopitar erased the Coyotes’ only lead of the series in a little more than two minutes.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Let’s get the questions rolling.
- The Coyotes took a few tough penalties late in the third period. Did the officials drop the ball or this an example of another loss of composure for Phoenix?
- How about Dwight King? Is he the Joel Ward/Sean Bergenheim of the 2012 playoffs? (His last name certainly encourages some great puns.)
- Could a big weekend for the Staples Center represent the end of the road for the Coyotes on Sunday or do you think they’ll find a way to make a series of this?
- Speaking of which, what adjustments should Dave Tippett make to avoid a sweep and possibly take it? If nothing else, the Coyotes are accustomed to surpassing peoples’ expectations.
- Where does Anze Kopitar rank on the list of the league’s most underrated stars?
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39