May 17, 2012, 11:40 PM EST
After two beatings in Phoenix, the Los Angeles Kings edged the Coyotes in a way that was more expected. It was a tight, well-played contest but the Kings took a 3-0 lead because they just seem … better. They won by a slim margin of 2-1 tonight but there was a sense that Los Angeles would come out on top for most of the contest – especially when Anze Kopitar erased the Coyotes’ only lead of the series in a little more than two minutes.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Let’s get the questions rolling.
- The Coyotes took a few tough penalties late in the third period. Did the officials drop the ball or this an example of another loss of composure for Phoenix?
- How about Dwight King? Is he the Joel Ward/Sean Bergenheim of the 2012 playoffs? (His last name certainly encourages some great puns.)
- Could a big weekend for the Staples Center represent the end of the road for the Coyotes on Sunday or do you think they’ll find a way to make a series of this?
- Speaking of which, what adjustments should Dave Tippett make to avoid a sweep and possibly take it? If nothing else, the Coyotes are accustomed to surpassing peoples’ expectations.
- Where does Anze Kopitar rank on the list of the league’s most underrated stars?
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2