May 17, 2012, 11:40 PM EDT
After two beatings in Phoenix, the Los Angeles Kings edged the Coyotes in a way that was more expected. It was a tight, well-played contest but the Kings took a 3-0 lead because they just seem … better. They won by a slim margin of 2-1 tonight but there was a sense that Los Angeles would come out on top for most of the contest – especially when Anze Kopitar erased the Coyotes’ only lead of the series in a little more than two minutes.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Let’s get the questions rolling.
- The Coyotes took a few tough penalties late in the third period. Did the officials drop the ball or this an example of another loss of composure for Phoenix?
- How about Dwight King? Is he the Joel Ward/Sean Bergenheim of the 2012 playoffs? (His last name certainly encourages some great puns.)
- Could a big weekend for the Staples Center represent the end of the road for the Coyotes on Sunday or do you think they’ll find a way to make a series of this?
- Speaking of which, what adjustments should Dave Tippett make to avoid a sweep and possibly take it? If nothing else, the Coyotes are accustomed to surpassing peoples’ expectations.
- Where does Anze Kopitar rank on the list of the league’s most underrated stars?
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)