May 17, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
This is actually a pretty creative promotion – Delta Airlines is offering a free charter flight from New York City to Newark for hockey fans with tickets to Game 3 of the Rangers-Devils series Saturday at the Prudential Center.
The flight only lasts 17 minutes, though that doesn’t include security and all the other tedious stuff flying involves.
“It’s obviously a very unique flight,” Delta spokesperson Leslie Park said, as per CBSNewYork. “We thought it would be a great way to get some buzz going and get some Rangers fans really excited for the game on Saturday.”
Unfortunately for fans still hoping to take advantage of the offer, the sign-up period has already ended.
Fortunately, it’s a lot faster to drive.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)