May 17, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
This is actually a pretty creative promotion – Delta Airlines is offering a free charter flight from New York City to Newark for hockey fans with tickets to Game 3 of the Rangers-Devils series Saturday at the Prudential Center.
The flight only lasts 17 minutes, though that doesn’t include security and all the other tedious stuff flying involves.
“It’s obviously a very unique flight,” Delta spokesperson Leslie Park said, as per CBSNewYork. “We thought it would be a great way to get some buzz going and get some Rangers fans really excited for the game on Saturday.”
Unfortunately for fans still hoping to take advantage of the offer, the sign-up period has already ended.
Fortunately, it’s a lot faster to drive.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 0
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)