May 17, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
This is actually a pretty creative promotion – Delta Airlines is offering a free charter flight from New York City to Newark for hockey fans with tickets to Game 3 of the Rangers-Devils series Saturday at the Prudential Center.
The flight only lasts 17 minutes, though that doesn’t include security and all the other tedious stuff flying involves.
“It’s obviously a very unique flight,” Delta spokesperson Leslie Park said, as per CBSNewYork. “We thought it would be a great way to get some buzz going and get some Rangers fans really excited for the game on Saturday.”
Unfortunately for fans still hoping to take advantage of the offer, the sign-up period has already ended.
Fortunately, it’s a lot faster to drive.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 27
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)