May 17, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Shane Doan was not suspended for his questionable hit on Los Angeles’ Trevor Lewis during Tuesday’s contest. However, Phoenix’s Martin Hanzal was suspended and the Los Angeles Kings have a 2-0 series lead over the Coyotes.
“We expect him to be better,” Tippett said of Doan. Tippett later added, “He’s our leader. He wants to come back and have a strong game. I expect him to come in and have his best game of series.”
Doan is known for being an offensive contributor as well as a physical presence. He was on a three-game point streak before he got a game misconduct and five-minute boarding major on Tuesday.
Still, Doan was held off the score sheet in five of the Coyotes’ six meetings against Los Angeles during the regular season and the Kings have been a much bigger challenge in the playoffs.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 0
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 105
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)