May 17, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
Shane Doan was not suspended for his questionable hit on Los Angeles’ Trevor Lewis during Tuesday’s contest. However, Phoenix’s Martin Hanzal was suspended and the Los Angeles Kings have a 2-0 series lead over the Coyotes.
“We expect him to be better,” Tippett said of Doan. Tippett later added, “He’s our leader. He wants to come back and have a strong game. I expect him to come in and have his best game of series.”
Doan is known for being an offensive contributor as well as a physical presence. He was on a three-game point streak before he got a game misconduct and five-minute boarding major on Tuesday.
Still, Doan was held off the score sheet in five of the Coyotes’ six meetings against Los Angeles during the regular season and the Kings have been a much bigger challenge in the playoffs.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3