May 17, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Shane Doan was not suspended for his questionable hit on Los Angeles’ Trevor Lewis during Tuesday’s contest. However, Phoenix’s Martin Hanzal was suspended and the Los Angeles Kings have a 2-0 series lead over the Coyotes.
“We expect him to be better,” Tippett said of Doan. Tippett later added, “He’s our leader. He wants to come back and have a strong game. I expect him to come in and have his best game of series.”
Doan is known for being an offensive contributor as well as a physical presence. He was on a three-game point streak before he got a game misconduct and five-minute boarding major on Tuesday.
Still, Doan was held off the score sheet in five of the Coyotes’ six meetings against Los Angeles during the regular season and the Kings have been a much bigger challenge in the playoffs.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)