May 17, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Shane Doan was not suspended for his questionable hit on Los Angeles’ Trevor Lewis during Tuesday’s contest. However, Phoenix’s Martin Hanzal was suspended and the Los Angeles Kings have a 2-0 series lead over the Coyotes.
“We expect him to be better,” Tippett said of Doan. Tippett later added, “He’s our leader. He wants to come back and have a strong game. I expect him to come in and have his best game of series.”
Doan is known for being an offensive contributor as well as a physical presence. He was on a three-game point streak before he got a game misconduct and five-minute boarding major on Tuesday.
Still, Doan was held off the score sheet in five of the Coyotes’ six meetings against Los Angeles during the regular season and the Kings have been a much bigger challenge in the playoffs.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)