May 17, 2012, 7:53 PM EST
This weekend presents an unprecedented smorgasbord of sports action for Los Angeles, with the NBA’s Lakers and Clippers plus the NHL’s Kings in the playoffs (not to mention the Dodgers and other sports in their normal routines). That will make for a blissful buffet of athletics for sports nuts, but it might also cause some logistical headaches – and not just for traffic cops. Helene Elliott reports that things could get especially weird if Game 4 of the Kings and Phoenix Coyotes series goes deep into overtime on Sunday.
If Kings go past one OT Sunday, Clips likely to be delayed. Staples GM Lee Zeidman says NBA and TNT are discussing scenarios.
It’ll be interesting to see if a taxing weekend of sporting events takes its toll on the ice at the Staples Center. Depending upon how tonight’s Game 3 goes for the Kings and Coyotes, it’s quite possible that Phoenix might need to fight off elimination just hours before the Clippers take on the mighty San Antonio Spurs. That must-win possibility could mean that the Coyotes would fit bitterly to avoid such a fate.
Which might just force Charles Barkley to stay up well beyond his bed time.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)