May 17, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
This weekend presents an unprecedented smorgasbord of sports action for Los Angeles, with the NBA’s Lakers and Clippers plus the NHL’s Kings in the playoffs (not to mention the Dodgers and other sports in their normal routines). That will make for a blissful buffet of athletics for sports nuts, but it might also cause some logistical headaches – and not just for traffic cops. Helene Elliott reports that things could get especially weird if Game 4 of the Kings and Phoenix Coyotes series goes deep into overtime on Sunday.
If Kings go past one OT Sunday, Clips likely to be delayed. Staples GM Lee Zeidman says NBA and TNT are discussing scenarios.
It’ll be interesting to see if a taxing weekend of sporting events takes its toll on the ice at the Staples Center. Depending upon how tonight’s Game 3 goes for the Kings and Coyotes, it’s quite possible that Phoenix might need to fight off elimination just hours before the Clippers take on the mighty San Antonio Spurs. That must-win possibility could mean that the Coyotes would fit bitterly to avoid such a fate.
Which might just force Charles Barkley to stay up well beyond his bed time.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)