May 17, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
This weekend presents an unprecedented smorgasbord of sports action for Los Angeles, with the NBA’s Lakers and Clippers plus the NHL’s Kings in the playoffs (not to mention the Dodgers and other sports in their normal routines). That will make for a blissful buffet of athletics for sports nuts, but it might also cause some logistical headaches – and not just for traffic cops. Helene Elliott reports that things could get especially weird if Game 4 of the Kings and Phoenix Coyotes series goes deep into overtime on Sunday.
If Kings go past one OT Sunday, Clips likely to be delayed. Staples GM Lee Zeidman says NBA and TNT are discussing scenarios.
It’ll be interesting to see if a taxing weekend of sporting events takes its toll on the ice at the Staples Center. Depending upon how tonight’s Game 3 goes for the Kings and Coyotes, it’s quite possible that Phoenix might need to fight off elimination just hours before the Clippers take on the mighty San Antonio Spurs. That must-win possibility could mean that the Coyotes would fit bitterly to avoid such a fate.
Which might just force Charles Barkley to stay up well beyond his bed time.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 14
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)