May 17, 2012, 8:08 PM EST
Noted sports fan/actress Alyssa Milano will run the NHL’s official Twitter feed during Game 3 of the Los Angeles Kings-Phoenix Coyotes series tonight.
The NHL’s feed is @NHL, so you can follow along for what will surely be extensive discussions of Corsi ratings and why save percentage is a superior way to judge a goalie than mere wins. If you have specific questions for Milano, you’d be wise to use the hashtag #AskAlyssa. There’s also a Pinterest page for the event, which you can check out here.
NHL.com reveals that this is the first time a celebrity has ever taken over the official Twitter account for the league.
My recommendation for a starter question? #AskAlyssa if Anze Kopitar is “the boss.”
(Actually, she probably won’t appreciate that reference.)
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)