May 16, 2012, 11:12 PM EST
The New York Rangers were handed a 3-2 loss on Wednesday, so Chris Kreider probably isn’t in much of a celebrating mood. Still, he made a bit of history with his fourth goal of the playoffs. You can check out it out below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Kreider went straight from the NCAA to the NHL playoffs, which by itself is a rarity, but he accomplished something even more unusual on Wednesday. Eddie Mazur is the only other player in the history of the NHL to net four playoff goals before making his regular season debut. The difference is that Mazur took part in three postseason runs before he finally cracked the Montreal Canadiens’ lineup in a regular season contest.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35