May 16, 2012, 11:12 PM EDT
The New York Rangers were handed a 3-2 loss on Wednesday, so Chris Kreider probably isn’t in much of a celebrating mood. Still, he made a bit of history with his fourth goal of the playoffs. You can check out it out below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Kreider went straight from the NCAA to the NHL playoffs, which by itself is a rarity, but he accomplished something even more unusual on Wednesday. Eddie Mazur is the only other player in the history of the NHL to net four playoff goals before making his regular season debut. The difference is that Mazur took part in three postseason runs before he finally cracked the Montreal Canadiens’ lineup in a regular season contest.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32