May 16, 2012, 11:12 PM EDT
The New York Rangers were handed a 3-2 loss on Wednesday, so Chris Kreider probably isn’t in much of a celebrating mood. Still, he made a bit of history with his fourth goal of the playoffs. You can check out it out below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Kreider went straight from the NCAA to the NHL playoffs, which by itself is a rarity, but he accomplished something even more unusual on Wednesday. Eddie Mazur is the only other player in the history of the NHL to net four playoff goals before making his regular season debut. The difference is that Mazur took part in three postseason runs before he finally cracked the Montreal Canadiens’ lineup in a regular season contest.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18