May 16, 2012, 11:12 PM EDT
The New York Rangers were handed a 3-2 loss on Wednesday, so Chris Kreider probably isn’t in much of a celebrating mood. Still, he made a bit of history with his fourth goal of the playoffs. You can check out it out below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Kreider went straight from the NCAA to the NHL playoffs, which by itself is a rarity, but he accomplished something even more unusual on Wednesday. Eddie Mazur is the only other player in the history of the NHL to net four playoff goals before making his regular season debut. The difference is that Mazur took part in three postseason runs before he finally cracked the Montreal Canadiens’ lineup in a regular season contest.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22