May 16, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
The City of Edmonton has released a video showing the latest designs of the proposed downtown arena that would become the new home of the Oilers.
There were also a number of design images released. For example, below we see a catwalk from which fans can watch the game and/or spit.
There are also plans to attach a community skating rink, one that we assume the Oilers could use to practice should the big arena be needed for something else, like a concert or one of those lumberjack competitions.
Of course, all of the above won’t be possible unless they get the money together to make it happen. The city is still asking the province to chip in $100 million.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 22
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 12
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54