May 16, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
The City of Edmonton has released a video showing the latest designs of the proposed downtown arena that would become the new home of the Oilers.
There were also a number of design images released. For example, below we see a catwalk from which fans can watch the game and/or spit.
There are also plans to attach a community skating rink, one that we assume the Oilers could use to practice should the big arena be needed for something else, like a concert or one of those lumberjack competitions.
Of course, all of the above won’t be possible unless they get the money together to make it happen. The city is still asking the province to chip in $100 million.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)