May 16, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
The City of Edmonton has released a video showing the latest designs of the proposed downtown arena that would become the new home of the Oilers.
There were also a number of design images released. For example, below we see a catwalk from which fans can watch the game and/or spit.
There are also plans to attach a community skating rink, one that we assume the Oilers could use to practice should the big arena be needed for something else, like a concert or one of those lumberjack competitions.
Of course, all of the above won’t be possible unless they get the money together to make it happen. The city is still asking the province to chip in $100 million.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22