May 16, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
The City of Edmonton has released a video showing the latest designs of the proposed downtown arena that would become the new home of the Oilers.
There were also a number of design images released. For example, below we see a catwalk from which fans can watch the game and/or spit.
There are also plans to attach a community skating rink, one that we assume the Oilers could use to practice should the big arena be needed for something else, like a concert or one of those lumberjack competitions.
Of course, all of the above won’t be possible unless they get the money together to make it happen. The city is still asking the province to chip in $100 million.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39