May 16, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
The City of Edmonton has released a video showing the latest designs of the proposed downtown arena that would become the new home of the Oilers.
There were also a number of design images released. For example, below we see a catwalk from which fans can watch the game and/or spit.
There are also plans to attach a community skating rink, one that we assume the Oilers could use to practice should the big arena be needed for something else, like a concert or one of those lumberjack competitions.
Of course, all of the above won’t be possible unless they get the money together to make it happen. The city is still asking the province to chip in $100 million.
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 15
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 11
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 25
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 20
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 18
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 71
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 101
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (102)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement