May 16, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
Henrik Lundqvist was able to silence the New Jersey Devils in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals. He couldn’t repeat that feat on Wednesday, but it’s hard to blame Lundqvist for letting this one in. You can check it out below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Ilya Kovalchuk was just given too much time and space to work with. That was his sixth goal of the playoffs, including four with the man advantage.
Lundqvist went 82:56 minutes without surrendering a goal.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 10
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)