May 16, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
Henrik Lundqvist was able to silence the New Jersey Devils in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals. He couldn’t repeat that feat on Wednesday, but it’s hard to blame Lundqvist for letting this one in. You can check it out below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Ilya Kovalchuk was just given too much time and space to work with. That was his sixth goal of the playoffs, including four with the man advantage.
Lundqvist went 82:56 minutes without surrendering a goal.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 24
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 46
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 51
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 29
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10