May 16, 2012, 7:40 PM EST
It has already been well established at this point that Rangers coach John Tortorella has become a man of few words. Feel free to insert your own theory as to why that is, but it’s worth noting that a coach can be simultaneously successful and somewhat talkative.
Enter Kings coach Darryl Sutter, a man capable of addressing media questions in moderate detail and still lead his team to victory after victory.
Sutter was asked Wednesday if he agrees with Dustin Penner’s recent remark that the Kings still haven’t played their best game.
“You know, it’s always the best thing about being a player, is if you can say that and you honestly believe that, then that’s a good thing,” Sutter said. “Sometimes it’s talked about, and that’s not the case, where they can actually go to another level.
“I think as a group, clearly, I said it last night, I know everybody thinks that I’m not answering properly sometimes, but we were better in Game 1 than we were in Game 2.”
For those keeping score at home, that was a 78-word answer, which trumps Tortorella’s entire Wednesday press conference by 31 words.
I humbly submit to you that Sutter’s press conference might be more engaging than the ones Tortorella has conducted recently.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 151
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (152)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)