May 16, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
It has already been well established at this point that Rangers coach John Tortorella has become a man of few words. Feel free to insert your own theory as to why that is, but it’s worth noting that a coach can be simultaneously successful and somewhat talkative.
Enter Kings coach Darryl Sutter, a man capable of addressing media questions in moderate detail and still lead his team to victory after victory.
Sutter was asked Wednesday if he agrees with Dustin Penner’s recent remark that the Kings still haven’t played their best game.
“You know, it’s always the best thing about being a player, is if you can say that and you honestly believe that, then that’s a good thing,” Sutter said. “Sometimes it’s talked about, and that’s not the case, where they can actually go to another level.
“I think as a group, clearly, I said it last night, I know everybody thinks that I’m not answering properly sometimes, but we were better in Game 1 than we were in Game 2.”
For those keeping score at home, that was a 78-word answer, which trumps Tortorella’s entire Wednesday press conference by 31 words.
I humbly submit to you that Sutter’s press conference might be more engaging than the ones Tortorella has conducted recently.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 47
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 50
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)