May 16, 2012, 7:40 PM EST
It has already been well established at this point that Rangers coach John Tortorella has become a man of few words. Feel free to insert your own theory as to why that is, but it’s worth noting that a coach can be simultaneously successful and somewhat talkative.
Enter Kings coach Darryl Sutter, a man capable of addressing media questions in moderate detail and still lead his team to victory after victory.
Sutter was asked Wednesday if he agrees with Dustin Penner’s recent remark that the Kings still haven’t played their best game.
“You know, it’s always the best thing about being a player, is if you can say that and you honestly believe that, then that’s a good thing,” Sutter said. “Sometimes it’s talked about, and that’s not the case, where they can actually go to another level.
“I think as a group, clearly, I said it last night, I know everybody thinks that I’m not answering properly sometimes, but we were better in Game 1 than we were in Game 2.”
For those keeping score at home, that was a 78-word answer, which trumps Tortorella’s entire Wednesday press conference by 31 words.
I humbly submit to you that Sutter’s press conference might be more engaging than the ones Tortorella has conducted recently.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 14
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 48
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)