May 16, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
It has already been well established at this point that Rangers coach John Tortorella has become a man of few words. Feel free to insert your own theory as to why that is, but it’s worth noting that a coach can be simultaneously successful and somewhat talkative.
Enter Kings coach Darryl Sutter, a man capable of addressing media questions in moderate detail and still lead his team to victory after victory.
Sutter was asked Wednesday if he agrees with Dustin Penner’s recent remark that the Kings still haven’t played their best game.
“You know, it’s always the best thing about being a player, is if you can say that and you honestly believe that, then that’s a good thing,” Sutter said. “Sometimes it’s talked about, and that’s not the case, where they can actually go to another level.
“I think as a group, clearly, I said it last night, I know everybody thinks that I’m not answering properly sometimes, but we were better in Game 1 than we were in Game 2.”
For those keeping score at home, that was a 78-word answer, which trumps Tortorella’s entire Wednesday press conference by 31 words.
I humbly submit to you that Sutter’s press conference might be more engaging than the ones Tortorella has conducted recently.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 30
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)