May 16, 2012, 12:01 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings steamrolled the Phoenix Coyotes 4-0 in Game 2, but Kings captain Dustin Brown paid much of the price. Mike Smith gave a Billy Smith-esque whack to the back of his leg in the second period but Martin Hanzal‘s boarding check will probably get the most attention from the NHL:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Shane Doan‘s boarding hit is generating debate of its own, yet the general Twitter consensus is that Hanzal’s more likely to receive discipline for his hit. What do you think, though? If he deserves a suspension, how many games should he sit?
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 3
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39