May 16, 2012, 12:01 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings steamrolled the Phoenix Coyotes 4-0 in Game 2, but Kings captain Dustin Brown paid much of the price. Mike Smith gave a Billy Smith-esque whack to the back of his leg in the second period but Martin Hanzal‘s boarding check will probably get the most attention from the NHL:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Shane Doan‘s boarding hit is generating debate of its own, yet the general Twitter consensus is that Hanzal’s more likely to receive discipline for his hit. What do you think, though? If he deserves a suspension, how many games should he sit?
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 0
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 11
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25