May 16, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
The NHL’s discipline czar tweeted that the Phoenix defenseman wouldn’t be subjected to supplemental discipline for his knee on Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi during a 4-0 loss in Game 2.
“We agree with the penalty called on the ice,” Shanahan explained. “Yet do not feel this rises to the level of SD [supplementary discipline].”
Morris was tagged with a two-minute kneeing minor at 12:43 of the third period, a hit that — upon further review — looked more intentional than initial views suggested.
(FF to :09)
Scuderi appeared to be in some discomfort following the hit, but returned to play three more shifts in the third.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 4
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 6
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 14
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)