May 16, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
The NHL’s discipline czar tweeted that the Phoenix defenseman wouldn’t be subjected to supplemental discipline for his knee on Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi during a 4-0 loss in Game 2.
“We agree with the penalty called on the ice,” Shanahan explained. “Yet do not feel this rises to the level of SD [supplementary discipline].”
Morris was tagged with a two-minute kneeing minor at 12:43 of the third period, a hit that — upon further review — looked more intentional than initial views suggested.
(FF to :09)
Scuderi appeared to be in some discomfort following the hit, but returned to play three more shifts in the third.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5