May 16, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
The NHL’s discipline czar tweeted that the Phoenix defenseman wouldn’t be subjected to supplemental discipline for his knee on Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi during a 4-0 loss in Game 2.
“We agree with the penalty called on the ice,” Shanahan explained. “Yet do not feel this rises to the level of SD [supplementary discipline].”
Morris was tagged with a two-minute kneeing minor at 12:43 of the third period, a hit that — upon further review — looked more intentional than initial views suggested.
(FF to :09)
Scuderi appeared to be in some discomfort following the hit, but returned to play three more shifts in the third.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)