May 16, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
The NHL’s discipline czar tweeted that the Phoenix defenseman wouldn’t be subjected to supplemental discipline for his knee on Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi during a 4-0 loss in Game 2.
“We agree with the penalty called on the ice,” Shanahan explained. “Yet do not feel this rises to the level of SD [supplementary discipline].”
Morris was tagged with a two-minute kneeing minor at 12:43 of the third period, a hit that — upon further review — looked more intentional than initial views suggested.
(FF to :09)
Scuderi appeared to be in some discomfort following the hit, but returned to play three more shifts in the third.
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Eastern Conference Final Game 6 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 26
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)