May 16, 2012, 4:31 PM EST
The NHL’s discipline czar tweeted that the Phoenix defenseman wouldn’t be subjected to supplemental discipline for his knee on Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi during a 4-0 loss in Game 2.
“We agree with the penalty called on the ice,” Shanahan explained. “Yet do not feel this rises to the level of SD [supplementary discipline].”
Morris was tagged with a two-minute kneeing minor at 12:43 of the third period, a hit that — upon further review — looked more intentional than initial views suggested.
(FF to :09)
Scuderi appeared to be in some discomfort following the hit, but returned to play three more shifts in the third.
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 5
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 32
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 2