May 16, 2012, 12:43 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings tore up the top two seeds in the West through two rounds and they’re halfway through doing the same to the No. 3 seed Phoenix Coyotes. They’re not taking the bait in burying the Coyotes – who clearly lost their cool in Game 2 – though.
“You don’t win two rounds this time of the year by rattling easily,” Quick said.
Speaking of easy, Quick earned his second shutout of the playoffs pretty quietly, making all 24 saves tonight. Quick said that the Coyotes created great chances in the first period in Game 2, but he probably knows that he’ll see more pressure going forward. It’s wise that he’s not giving them bulletin board material, then.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 0
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 52
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (52)