May 16, 2012, 12:43 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings tore up the top two seeds in the West through two rounds and they’re halfway through doing the same to the No. 3 seed Phoenix Coyotes. They’re not taking the bait in burying the Coyotes – who clearly lost their cool in Game 2 – though.
“You don’t win two rounds this time of the year by rattling easily,” Quick said.
Speaking of easy, Quick earned his second shutout of the playoffs pretty quietly, making all 24 saves tonight. Quick said that the Coyotes created great chances in the first period in Game 2, but he probably knows that he’ll see more pressure going forward. It’s wise that he’s not giving them bulletin board material, then.
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 1
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 8
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)