May 16, 2012, 12:43 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings tore up the top two seeds in the West through two rounds and they’re halfway through doing the same to the No. 3 seed Phoenix Coyotes. They’re not taking the bait in burying the Coyotes – who clearly lost their cool in Game 2 – though.
“You don’t win two rounds this time of the year by rattling easily,” Quick said.
Speaking of easy, Quick earned his second shutout of the playoffs pretty quietly, making all 24 saves tonight. Quick said that the Coyotes created great chances in the first period in Game 2, but he probably knows that he’ll see more pressure going forward. It’s wise that he’s not giving them bulletin board material, then.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)