May 16, 2012, 12:43 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings tore up the top two seeds in the West through two rounds and they’re halfway through doing the same to the No. 3 seed Phoenix Coyotes. They’re not taking the bait in burying the Coyotes – who clearly lost their cool in Game 2 – though.
“You don’t win two rounds this time of the year by rattling easily,” Quick said.
Speaking of easy, Quick earned his second shutout of the playoffs pretty quietly, making all 24 saves tonight. Quick said that the Coyotes created great chances in the first period in Game 2, but he probably knows that he’ll see more pressure going forward. It’s wise that he’s not giving them bulletin board material, then.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 8
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)