May 16, 2012, 12:43 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings tore up the top two seeds in the West through two rounds and they’re halfway through doing the same to the No. 3 seed Phoenix Coyotes. They’re not taking the bait in burying the Coyotes – who clearly lost their cool in Game 2 – though.
“You don’t win two rounds this time of the year by rattling easily,” Quick said.
Speaking of easy, Quick earned his second shutout of the playoffs pretty quietly, making all 24 saves tonight. Quick said that the Coyotes created great chances in the first period in Game 2, but he probably knows that he’ll see more pressure going forward. It’s wise that he’s not giving them bulletin board material, then.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)