May 16, 2012, 12:56 AM EDT
Maybe Anze Kopitar would feel differently about Game 2 if he received the same “treatment” as Los Angles Kings captain Dustin Brown, but he downplayed how nasty the Phoenix Coyotes seemed to get tonight. Dan Rosen has his amusing take on the contest.
“I don’t think it was too dirty,” Kopitar said. “I don’t think it was Pittsburgh-Philly like.”
Leave it to the best player in the Western Conference finals to give us all a little extra perspective.
Still, that doesn’t mean there weren’t some rough moments. The standout incidents were Shane Doan‘s boarding hit on Trevor Lewis, Mike Smith swatting Brown, Martin Hanzal boarding Brown and Derek Morris‘ knee-to-knee hit on Rob Scuderi.
(By the way, Morris’ knee-to-knee did draw a Pittsburgh comparison, but an older one. Dennis Bernstein reports that a league executive compared it to something Ulf Samuelsson would do.)
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 5
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13