May 16, 2012, 12:56 AM EDT
Maybe Anze Kopitar would feel differently about Game 2 if he received the same “treatment” as Los Angles Kings captain Dustin Brown, but he downplayed how nasty the Phoenix Coyotes seemed to get tonight. Dan Rosen has his amusing take on the contest.
“I don’t think it was too dirty,” Kopitar said. “I don’t think it was Pittsburgh-Philly like.”
Leave it to the best player in the Western Conference finals to give us all a little extra perspective.
Still, that doesn’t mean there weren’t some rough moments. The standout incidents were Shane Doan‘s boarding hit on Trevor Lewis, Mike Smith swatting Brown, Martin Hanzal boarding Brown and Derek Morris‘ knee-to-knee hit on Rob Scuderi.
(By the way, Morris’ knee-to-knee did draw a Pittsburgh comparison, but an older one. Dennis Bernstein reports that a league executive compared it to something Ulf Samuelsson would do.)
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)