May 16, 2012, 12:56 AM EDT
Maybe Anze Kopitar would feel differently about Game 2 if he received the same “treatment” as Los Angles Kings captain Dustin Brown, but he downplayed how nasty the Phoenix Coyotes seemed to get tonight. Dan Rosen has his amusing take on the contest.
“I don’t think it was too dirty,” Kopitar said. “I don’t think it was Pittsburgh-Philly like.”
Leave it to the best player in the Western Conference finals to give us all a little extra perspective.
Still, that doesn’t mean there weren’t some rough moments. The standout incidents were Shane Doan‘s boarding hit on Trevor Lewis, Mike Smith swatting Brown, Martin Hanzal boarding Brown and Derek Morris‘ knee-to-knee hit on Rob Scuderi.
(By the way, Morris’ knee-to-knee did draw a Pittsburgh comparison, but an older one. Dennis Bernstein reports that a league executive compared it to something Ulf Samuelsson would do.)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 0
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 4
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 18
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 8
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)