May 16, 2012, 12:56 AM EST
Maybe Anze Kopitar would feel differently about Game 2 if he received the same “treatment” as Los Angles Kings captain Dustin Brown, but he downplayed how nasty the Phoenix Coyotes seemed to get tonight. Dan Rosen has his amusing take on the contest.
“I don’t think it was too dirty,” Kopitar said. “I don’t think it was Pittsburgh-Philly like.”
Leave it to the best player in the Western Conference finals to give us all a little extra perspective.
Still, that doesn’t mean there weren’t some rough moments. The standout incidents were Shane Doan‘s boarding hit on Trevor Lewis, Mike Smith swatting Brown, Martin Hanzal boarding Brown and Derek Morris‘ knee-to-knee hit on Rob Scuderi.
(By the way, Morris’ knee-to-knee did draw a Pittsburgh comparison, but an older one. Dennis Bernstein reports that a league executive compared it to something Ulf Samuelsson would do.)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (125)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)