May 16, 2012, 8:55 PM EST
It takes a lot to get Dustin Brown to miss a game. Even Martin Hanzal’s dangerous hit on Brown midway through the third period of Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals wasn’t enough to sideline him for more than a matter of minutes.
“I was a little shocked how quick he did get up, from how it looked,” Jarret Stoll said. “It was a pretty dangerous play. He was vulnerable.”
Stoll added that he thinks Brown will be “ready for Game 3” despite needing some work on his neck. At this point, that kind of toughness has earned Brown a reputation among his teammates.
“It’s almost comical to watch, because you think he runs on batteries sometimes,” Dustin Penner said. “He just keeps on going. You can knock him down but you can’t keep him down. He takes a lot of punishment because he gives it out. He’s been that type of leader all year, not just last game or the last series.”
Of course, Brown has done more than just eat up minutes. He’s led the Kings with seven goals and 14 points in the postseason. Brown already has three points in the first two games of their series against Phoenix.
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 13
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 12
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)