May 16, 2012, 8:55 PM EST
It takes a lot to get Dustin Brown to miss a game. Even Martin Hanzal’s dangerous hit on Brown midway through the third period of Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals wasn’t enough to sideline him for more than a matter of minutes.
“I was a little shocked how quick he did get up, from how it looked,” Jarret Stoll said. “It was a pretty dangerous play. He was vulnerable.”
Stoll added that he thinks Brown will be “ready for Game 3” despite needing some work on his neck. At this point, that kind of toughness has earned Brown a reputation among his teammates.
“It’s almost comical to watch, because you think he runs on batteries sometimes,” Dustin Penner said. “He just keeps on going. You can knock him down but you can’t keep him down. He takes a lot of punishment because he gives it out. He’s been that type of leader all year, not just last game or the last series.”
Of course, Brown has done more than just eat up minutes. He’s led the Kings with seven goals and 14 points in the postseason. Brown already has three points in the first two games of their series against Phoenix.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 37
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)