May 16, 2012, 8:55 PM EDT
It takes a lot to get Dustin Brown to miss a game. Even Martin Hanzal’s dangerous hit on Brown midway through the third period of Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals wasn’t enough to sideline him for more than a matter of minutes.
“I was a little shocked how quick he did get up, from how it looked,” Jarret Stoll said. “It was a pretty dangerous play. He was vulnerable.”
Stoll added that he thinks Brown will be “ready for Game 3” despite needing some work on his neck. At this point, that kind of toughness has earned Brown a reputation among his teammates.
“It’s almost comical to watch, because you think he runs on batteries sometimes,” Dustin Penner said. “He just keeps on going. You can knock him down but you can’t keep him down. He takes a lot of punishment because he gives it out. He’s been that type of leader all year, not just last game or the last series.”
Of course, Brown has done more than just eat up minutes. He’s led the Kings with seven goals and 14 points in the postseason. Brown already has three points in the first two games of their series against Phoenix.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)