May 16, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
We reported earlier today that the New Jersey Devils ran with a top line of Ilya Kovalchuk, Travis Zajac, and Zach Parise during their morning skate. It looks like they’re going to stick with that combination as the trio was still paired up for the team’s pre-game warm-up.
This is big change, but not shocking one. The Devils were expected to make some adjustments after they were shut out by the New York Rangers in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
The Devils defeated the Florida Panthers and Philadelphia Flyers in the first two rounds, but the Rangers are their greatest challenge yet from a defensive standpoint. New York is known for its shot-blocking abilities and goaltender Henrik Lundqvist has done a great job of dealing with whatever gets past their defense.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)