May 16, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
We reported earlier today that the New Jersey Devils ran with a top line of Ilya Kovalchuk, Travis Zajac, and Zach Parise during their morning skate. It looks like they’re going to stick with that combination as the trio was still paired up for the team’s pre-game warm-up.
This is big change, but not shocking one. The Devils were expected to make some adjustments after they were shut out by the New York Rangers in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
The Devils defeated the Florida Panthers and Philadelphia Flyers in the first two rounds, but the Rangers are their greatest challenge yet from a defensive standpoint. New York is known for its shot-blocking abilities and goaltender Henrik Lundqvist has done a great job of dealing with whatever gets past their defense.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 2
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)