May 16, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
We reported earlier today that the New Jersey Devils ran with a top line of Ilya Kovalchuk, Travis Zajac, and Zach Parise during their morning skate. It looks like they’re going to stick with that combination as the trio was still paired up for the team’s pre-game warm-up.
This is big change, but not shocking one. The Devils were expected to make some adjustments after they were shut out by the New York Rangers in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
The Devils defeated the Florida Panthers and Philadelphia Flyers in the first two rounds, but the Rangers are their greatest challenge yet from a defensive standpoint. New York is known for its shot-blocking abilities and goaltender Henrik Lundqvist has done a great job of dealing with whatever gets past their defense.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)