May 16, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
We reported earlier today that the New Jersey Devils ran with a top line of Ilya Kovalchuk, Travis Zajac, and Zach Parise during their morning skate. It looks like they’re going to stick with that combination as the trio was still paired up for the team’s pre-game warm-up.
This is big change, but not shocking one. The Devils were expected to make some adjustments after they were shut out by the New York Rangers in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
The Devils defeated the Florida Panthers and Philadelphia Flyers in the first two rounds, but the Rangers are their greatest challenge yet from a defensive standpoint. New York is known for its shot-blocking abilities and goaltender Henrik Lundqvist has done a great job of dealing with whatever gets past their defense.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)