May 16, 2012, 11:55 AM EDT
After hanging tough with the Rangers through most of Game 1 before losing 3-0, New Jersey is loading up their top line in a big way.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports coach Peter DeBoer ran with Ilya Kovalchuk, Travis Zajac, and Zach Parise together on the Devils’ first line at the team’s morning skate. DeBoer tells reporters he’s just trying to get the offense going.
“Obviously, we didn’t score a goal last game, so on offense, shuffling guys around has been something we’ve done all year,” DeBoer said. “Definitely not married to those combinations, and I’m not even sure we’re going to start with those combinations. It’s just how we decided to skate this morning.”
One other change that could happen tonight is seeing Peter Harrold return to the lineup on the blue line with rookie Adam Larsson sitting out. DeBoer was equally cryptic about that possibly happening as he’s liked how Larsson has played since returning to action but having the depth to make a move is a “luxury.”
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 7
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31