May 16, 2012, 11:55 AM EST
After hanging tough with the Rangers through most of Game 1 before losing 3-0, New Jersey is loading up their top line in a big way.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports coach Peter DeBoer ran with Ilya Kovalchuk, Travis Zajac, and Zach Parise together on the Devils’ first line at the team’s morning skate. DeBoer tells reporters he’s just trying to get the offense going.
“Obviously, we didn’t score a goal last game, so on offense, shuffling guys around has been something we’ve done all year,” DeBoer said. “Definitely not married to those combinations, and I’m not even sure we’re going to start with those combinations. It’s just how we decided to skate this morning.”
One other change that could happen tonight is seeing Peter Harrold return to the lineup on the blue line with rookie Adam Larsson sitting out. DeBoer was equally cryptic about that possibly happening as he’s liked how Larsson has played since returning to action but having the depth to make a move is a “luxury.”
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 0
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5