May 16, 2012, 11:55 AM EDT
After hanging tough with the Rangers through most of Game 1 before losing 3-0, New Jersey is loading up their top line in a big way.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports coach Peter DeBoer ran with Ilya Kovalchuk, Travis Zajac, and Zach Parise together on the Devils’ first line at the team’s morning skate. DeBoer tells reporters he’s just trying to get the offense going.
“Obviously, we didn’t score a goal last game, so on offense, shuffling guys around has been something we’ve done all year,” DeBoer said. ”Definitely not married to those combinations, and I’m not even sure we’re going to start with those combinations. It’s just how we decided to skate this morning.”
One other change that could happen tonight is seeing Peter Harrold return to the lineup on the blue line with rookie Adam Larsson sitting out. DeBoer was equally cryptic about that possibly happening as he’s liked how Larsson has played since returning to action but having the depth to make a move is a “luxury.”
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story 1
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 22
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 70
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'