May 16, 2012, 11:55 AM EST
After hanging tough with the Rangers through most of Game 1 before losing 3-0, New Jersey is loading up their top line in a big way.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports coach Peter DeBoer ran with Ilya Kovalchuk, Travis Zajac, and Zach Parise together on the Devils’ first line at the team’s morning skate. DeBoer tells reporters he’s just trying to get the offense going.
“Obviously, we didn’t score a goal last game, so on offense, shuffling guys around has been something we’ve done all year,” DeBoer said. “Definitely not married to those combinations, and I’m not even sure we’re going to start with those combinations. It’s just how we decided to skate this morning.”
One other change that could happen tonight is seeing Peter Harrold return to the lineup on the blue line with rookie Adam Larsson sitting out. DeBoer was equally cryptic about that possibly happening as he’s liked how Larsson has played since returning to action but having the depth to make a move is a “luxury.”
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 5
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16