May 16, 2012, 11:55 AM EDT
After hanging tough with the Rangers through most of Game 1 before losing 3-0, New Jersey is loading up their top line in a big way.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports coach Peter DeBoer ran with Ilya Kovalchuk, Travis Zajac, and Zach Parise together on the Devils’ first line at the team’s morning skate. DeBoer tells reporters he’s just trying to get the offense going.
“Obviously, we didn’t score a goal last game, so on offense, shuffling guys around has been something we’ve done all year,” DeBoer said. “Definitely not married to those combinations, and I’m not even sure we’re going to start with those combinations. It’s just how we decided to skate this morning.”
One other change that could happen tonight is seeing Peter Harrold return to the lineup on the blue line with rookie Adam Larsson sitting out. DeBoer was equally cryptic about that possibly happening as he’s liked how Larsson has played since returning to action but having the depth to make a move is a “luxury.”
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54