May 16, 2012, 10:33 AM EST
Alexander Semin‘s agent Mark Gandler has already made a name for himself this offseason by saying Semin’s career in Washington is likely over with. While he’s tried to clarify his initial statements, he seems to be going about selling his client in odd ways.
Gandler spoke with Grant Paulsen and Sky Kerstein on DC radio station 106.7 The Fan FM and managed to make Semin’s case to be signed in the offseason a bit more difficult (audio). The highlights of Gandler’s thoughts are grumpy and confusing when getting critical of Semin’s season in Washington.
—- Time-on-ice statistics are wrong and Semin isn’t playing as much as the final stats say.
—- Troy Brouwer gets more minutes than Semin does.
—- Semin has become a role player, something he didn’t bank on.
—- Semin plays fewer minutes because the team changed direction for how they wanted to play. (Finally, a salient point)
—- Semin wants to play on the penalty kill and more situations but isn’t allowed to.
—- Being benched after taking a few penalties is bad because the bench is close to the ice and it’s cold.
—- Semin’s plus/minus is his most underrated statistic.
Give the interview a listen because trying to sum up how baffling it all comes together isn’t doing it justice. If Gandler is looking to sell Semin to another team, the price is probably going to drop unless hockey stops being played on ice to help with that whole cold issue.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)