May 15, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
For four periods, division rivals the Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes were surprisingly civil. That all changed in the second period of Game 2, as chaos basically ensued. The Kings improved a 1-0 first period lead to 3-0, but two moments of violence will dominate most of the conversation.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Some people, such as NBC’s Keith Jones, believe that it only should have been a minor penalty because Lewis “turned in” to the hit. Others wonder if Doan should prepare for a discussion with Brendan Shanahan.
What do you think, though? Was the in-game punishment enough? Was it actually too excessive or should he get suspended? If a suspension is in order, for how long? Let us know in the comments while video is coming soon.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)