May 15, 2012, 11:03 PM EST
For four periods, division rivals the Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes were surprisingly civil. That all changed in the second period of Game 2, as chaos basically ensued. The Kings improved a 1-0 first period lead to 3-0, but two moments of violence will dominate most of the conversation.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Some people, such as NBC’s Keith Jones, believe that it only should have been a minor penalty because Lewis “turned in” to the hit. Others wonder if Doan should prepare for a discussion with Brendan Shanahan.
What do you think, though? Was the in-game punishment enough? Was it actually too excessive or should he get suspended? If a suspension is in order, for how long? Let us know in the comments while video is coming soon.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)