May 15, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
For four periods, division rivals the Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes were surprisingly civil. That all changed in the second period of Game 2, as chaos basically ensued. The Kings improved a 1-0 first period lead to 3-0, but two moments of violence will dominate most of the conversation.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Some people, such as NBC’s Keith Jones, believe that it only should have been a minor penalty because Lewis “turned in” to the hit. Others wonder if Doan should prepare for a discussion with Brendan Shanahan.
What do you think, though? Was the in-game punishment enough? Was it actually too excessive or should he get suspended? If a suspension is in order, for how long? Let us know in the comments while video is coming soon.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)