May 15, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
For four periods, division rivals the Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes were surprisingly civil. That all changed in the second period of Game 2, as chaos basically ensued. The Kings improved a 1-0 first period lead to 3-0, but two moments of violence will dominate most of the conversation.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Some people, such as NBC’s Keith Jones, believe that it only should have been a minor penalty because Lewis “turned in” to the hit. Others wonder if Doan should prepare for a discussion with Brendan Shanahan.
What do you think, though? Was the in-game punishment enough? Was it actually too excessive or should he get suspended? If a suspension is in order, for how long? Let us know in the comments while video is coming soon.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 47
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39