May 15, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
For four periods, division rivals the Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes were surprisingly civil. That all changed in the second period of Game 2, as chaos basically ensued. The Kings improved a 1-0 first period lead to 3-0, but two moments of violence will dominate most of the conversation.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Some people, such as NBC’s Keith Jones, believe that it only should have been a minor penalty because Lewis “turned in” to the hit. Others wonder if Doan should prepare for a discussion with Brendan Shanahan.
What do you think, though? Was the in-game punishment enough? Was it actually too excessive or should he get suspended? If a suspension is in order, for how long? Let us know in the comments while video is coming soon.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)